Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what do they mean to you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1.shit
    2. never heard of
    3. OK, but overrated. Nevermind was good, the rest was shit.
    4. fantastic. hard rains gonna fall and it aint me babe are 2 of my most favourite songs (although i do have a lot of most favouritest songs)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Avril - Not my cup of tea but her songs are so damn catchy! I think, as so many others have said, she's a marketing man's dream - a pretty young girl who can write songs and can be marketed as a rebel. She really annoys me when she's on tv singing with this big scowl on her face tho. :mad:

Busted - awful! thats basically all I have to say. But I don't think they're aimed at anyone other than teenage girls.

Nirvana - were good for getting grunge and rock music in general more into the mainstream at a time when it had become 'uncool' to like anything other than crap. Personally I do think they're overrated but they did write some great songs and were good performers. I just don't think they'd be so popular if Kurt hadn't killed himself. I suspect they would've split up anyway and just been forgotten by the majority of people.
    As for the hoodies - I used to work in a shop in Glasgow that sells all that kind of stuff and seriously, we'd get the Nirvana hoodies in and all the small sizes would be gone in a matter of hours! Its crazy cos most of these kids were just babies when kurt killed himself! Some probably weren't even born yet!!

Bob Dylan - a great songwriter and a massive influence on a lot of bands. I don't think he has a horrible voice like others have said. Pluys, he produced a beautiful son (Jacob Dylan) who went on to form a really good band (The Wallflowers).

Those are just my opinions tho. Each to their own and all that :p