Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dead Doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok im having real trouble comprehending this latest terrorist murder..

This guy, apparently with Al-Queda links, walks into a hospital and kills three American doctors.

Now, I could understand if these were soldiers, or even normal civilians, bankers, diplomats, workers etc. That at least makes some sense..

But to murder doctors who are helping to keep your own people alive just seems totally bizarre to me. Can anyone explain this to me? Can these people really be that stupid?

Comments

• Options
    Where was this?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Where was this?

doh! forgot link..

It was in Yemen, a missionary hospital..guy walked in with an ak47 and gunned down 3 american docs..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2614091.stm
  • Options
    These fanatics hate Americans- any Americans. They consider them the Devil- probably literarally- and therefore any target is just.

And I guess since they are also 'infidels' they should have not been in Muslim land in the eyes of these people.

Nice lot eh?
  • Options
    And any islamic killing an infidel makes that infidel their slave in paradise...yep...it's true, they really believe stuff like this and it explains a lot of the senseless murders they commit.

Gosh...I just realized...I do hope that by revealing this I haven't engaged in 'hate' speach...just discussing religion...that's all!:D
  • Options
    As I understood it, the problem wasn't that they were US citizens but that they were Christians. Their assassin is alledged to have taken offence at their faith in what he saw as an Islamic country...
  • Options
    and the welsh hate the english because the english push house prices up. maybe they would prefer a load of gypo's move in and bring the price down. the whole fucking world's thinking is one of blame and hate. if you were passing this place in your spaceship you wouldn't drop in for a chat would you? bad area!
  • Options
    Isn't the reason that they walked in and killed the doctors because it was a missionary hospital?

I'm not saying that makes it all ok and reasonable, but i think thats a more likley reason than because they wanted to have those doctors as slaves in the next life.....
  • Options
    The guy who murdered those doctors was a Muslim pervert, a man who is perverting the Muslim religion as part of Al Qaeda's war against the West.
  • Options
    How is this any different than Christian fundamentalists killing abortion doctors in the United States?
  • Options
    Originally posted by maddog
    How is this any different than Christian fundamentalists killing abortion doctors in the United States?

Er, who said it was different? Both are horrific crimes condemned by pretty much everyone.
  • Options
    Nice try, but this is part of a global effort of organized death worshipping perverts and their perverted supporters. American Muslims have rejected their call and are making up some of our best soldiers and special ops people. Perverted Bin Laden didn't figure on that.
  • Options
    That has to be the 10th time you regurgitated that mantra pnj. It sounds like some littany your preacher gave you. lol.

It isnt only Islamic fanatics that commit heinous crimes and some of those who have a legacy of violent toture and death are our allies. Just do some research into the systematic torture and killing machine of the House of Saud. They even now have a group of Europeans (mostly Brits) in prison without physical evidence and having obtained confessions by torture, two of the seven in fact condemned to death in a trial process none of the men understood in the slightest since it was all in Arabic.

Sadly you wont see comments from the White House on that since we want their support against Iraq. Seems brutal human rights violations are not so equitably distributed.

Best check that rhetoric before you become a slave to it and see just how much of this nonesense you keep spouting is good 'ol tried and tested mind numbing right-wing propaganda.
  • Options
    Clandestine: the newspapers said it was Al Qaeda. And the Yemeni government said it was Al Qaeda. You want to blur what's going on to suit your own goals.
  • Options
    No, I want you to wake up and start realising that what is claimed by governments and what is the truth of the matter are often light years apart.

You seem all to ready to swallow propganda because you see it on tv without asking yourself who might actually have more to gain from continuing the unrest and paranoia and claims of Al Qaeda here and there.

Scapegoatism is as old a political tactic as they come and youd be wise to start being more critical of what you are being fed.

In the end any fool will see that the most important business interests are the first to move in after the dust has settled. If you dont believe this then just look at the fact raised in another thread here about Hamid Karzai and his former role as a consultant to Unocal, the very company which has worked so long to get a pipeline through Afghanistan. Then look to see who amongst our own US administration have a stake in Unocal and Haliburton (another oil company set to prosper with the Karzai puppet in place in Kabul).

Once you get some of the flavour of what was really behind our invasion of Afghanistan, you might then view the excuses being shoveled out by the Administration and a compliant media concerning our need to invade Iraq.

This is the way of Geo-politics my young friend, best you learn how dirty it is so you might grow up to add your voice to those of us who seek more responsibility and accountability in Washington than the current status quo provides the American public.
  • Options
    I hear ya Clandestine. I'm just a posting fool.:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    American Muslims have rejected their call and are making up some of our best soldiers and special ops people.

Do you have any data / stats / facts to back that up?