Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

God/Allah/Jehova/Whatever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After the other threads which Aisha have started, I noticed that some people started using terms as "your God", "my God", "according to your God, I'll go to hell" etc.

When followers of the monotheistic religions (and as the name implies, believers of the thought about one God only), use terms as the ones mentioned above, it doesn't really make sense, as this implies that there are more Gods, and not just one.

I've grown up with the idea that when different religions/ideologies speak about God/Allah/Jehova/etc. they're all speaking about the same power, just having different ideas of how to gain the ultimate connection with the superior power.

So aiming especially at people who have some sort of believe (though I do expect comments by others as well), how do you percieve other religions/peoples idea and perceptions of "God"?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Same bloke with different names...
    Well...you're not going to like it but the old book...Old Testiment to some...contains the 'ten commandments' in which the revelent folk were directod to worship YHWH and have no other god before them (worshiped by them).

That prooves it...the old book even refers to other gods...so the are out there...spookey huh?
    Whatever works for them is cool as long as it doesn't involved flying planes into buildings. In the US there's a separation of Church and State clause in the Constitution - which I think is great. I think that idea, that you have to let people worship the way they want, has really benefited my country. (Can't speak for others.)
    Personaly i couldn't give a damn about WHO's message its is

They all boil down to the same thing,
    And why all the fussing over the letter of the message whe the spirit of it is the most important thing.
    which Bill and Ted succinctly put as 'Be excellent to each other'.

All the other fidgiting, fussing, fighting and squabbles are really insignificant compared to that.