Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

suicide attempt #362

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ah shut up, I don't care which forum this is supposed to be in.

Right, all you computery hooligans, and I know you're all computery people - help me.

MSN Messenger version 5. Downloaded it. Doesn't sign me in. Keeps crashing my computer. Bollocks.

Uninstalled it. Woohoo. Cried cos I didn't have MSN anymore.

Installed 'version 4.6' (or something), which ended up to be version 5 once more. (what?) Computer crashed god knows how many times once more.

Uninstalled it.

Now I have no MSN anymore. Again.

What to do?? (and don't say get a life, tried installing one of them already and wsn't successful in doing that either)

Where the bloody hell do I find another version? I suck at computers. I have no idea where to get an old version. I can only bloody well install the new crappy one!

Damn Bill Gates to hell.

Comments

• Options
    I'm currently using the Messenger - Plus! Extension. I suggest you to try it at http://www.patchou.com/msgplus Of course, this is a free software :)

try that.
  • Options
    those probs are all to common. try yahoo instead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pennyblack
    I'm currently using the Messenger - Plus! Extension. I suggest you to try it at http://www.patchou.com/msgplus Of course, this is a free software :)

try that.

Lol, straight from the advertise bit :p

Of course, to have Plus! instealled, you need to have Messenger installed too.
  • Options
    heh, didnt know that :blush:
  • Options
    *cough* Trillian *cough*

Get Trillian my dear, then you can have your AOL, MSN, Yahoo! and ICQ peeps all in one place on one list... far simpler :)

Its Free too! Best IM client around...

http://www.trillian.cc/
  • Options
    *also uses trillian* As of.. yesterday. I'm still working my way round it, but it seems like quite a good program. And less likely to fuck up your comp than messenger.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Credible
    *cough* Trillian *cough*

Get Trillian my dear, then you can have your AOL, MSN, Yahoo! and ICQ peeps all in one place on one list... far simpler :)

Its Free too! Best IM client around...

http://www.trillian.cc/

Meh, everyone says how great it is but the fucker won't work on my computer.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. :)

I've found the other MSN. Woohoo. *is good* So I've got that back, and I've downloaded trillian which is just... confusing. And everyone's complaining about my font, so it's just annoying right now cos I don't know how to use the program.

Ah well, I'll work it out at some point. But yay, I can chat! I think I had a more interesting time trying to sort out my bloody computer actually. =/
  • Options
    this is quite random, but I like the word trillian

*goes back to sleep*
  • Options
    Is trillian that good?:confused:
  • Options
    I just downloaded MSN v5 at work today...woohoo...it worked no troubles.

Never tried trillion...might do though since I use all 4 of the others separately...didn't realise it was that good though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*

If you use more than one messagin program, then it makes sense to integrate all of the networks into one program. Also, Trillian don't have adverts.

Who looks at adverts anyway?
  • Options
    this the new msn? the one that wont install on mine?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*

It doesn't work if you're using ICS. Well, it does, but if you have problems with normal msn logging you out, it will still do it with Trillian.
  • Options
    If you love msn that bad, try upgrading ur pc, its about £25 to get the speed and the size of the RAM Huge.
    it worked for me, music was always jumping, all programs would take 4eva 2 load and it kept crashing, upgraded it and bang, it was running smooth!