Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Film and television industry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
are you thinking of going in to the television or film industry? if yes what do you wana be? directror,producer.actress etc
:) have you done any work experience in television?

Comments

• Options
    I work in TV but it took me 7 years (After College) to get here. The simple reason? Not getting off my arse.

My advice is for people to call up their local tv centre/Radio station and offer their services for free. Once you're in it's amazing how people will remember you , specially if you do good work.
  • Options
    Yeah i know someone who is working in television and it took her along time to get were she is now. getting lots of work experience is always good.
    I wana be a floor manager.
  • Options
    I worked just short of ten years ('77 - '87) for two different stations as an artist/art director. My only comment here would be to repeat what a co-worker once quipped... "Did you know that television is one of the few industries that eats its young?"
  • Options
    currently training to be an actress.

god its hard work!

already done loads of theatre and one film.

did commercials as a kid but i guess im just not cute enough anymore!

it helps to have experience, but i cant much comment more than that cuz im still on that dusty road of auditions and rehearsals!
  • Options
    On my way to directing ;)
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I want to be a movie director :) I'm quite happy to start off as a studio runner though :) just to work in the industry would be good enough for me to be honest! I don't care about the money...

Just have to hope that my uni course gives out work experience placements... :eek2:
  • Options
    I dream of being a researcher either behind the scenes of television or help find material for radio programmes.

However, if I could present and basically do a bit of everything which is involved in making a programme that would be doubly cool.

At the moment I do voluntary work at a radio station so I'm part way there already. :D