Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

OXY-Coedine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Sis is visting from the US for a couple of weeks, She trashed her back recentley & told me she's go 90 Oxy Coedine tablets for the pain.

Remember back to an FHM issue that did a report on "Hillbilly Heroin" Oxy Coedine is a 12 hour release very strong pain killer, but if you rub off the time release coating & then crush the pill it removes the time release & you get a big hit.

Looked about on the web & there are warning about it dangerously lowering your breathing & stuff.

Has anyone any experience of taking it? or any advice on taking it?

Many Thanks....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They are medium strength opiates, factsheet here:

http://www.thesite.org/info/drugs/the_drugs/heroin_&_opiates.html
    Those are OxyCONTIN tablets. VERY strong painkiller, a synthetic opiate.

I'm not a big expert on them but there dangers are like any other depressant. Don't combine them with alcohol, the two acting together can depress your breathing and heart rate. I had morphine at the hospital a month ago...my heart rate literally wnet from 100 beats per minute to 50 in about ten seconds.

There's supposed to be a big rush when you snort them. I would be very careful, if you're dead set on doing Oxy I suggest having someone around just in case.
    if your sister is on them for serious back pain, dont you reckon she might need them for herself, therefore you wouldnt get to try them anyway.
    Plus, watch out, those things can be insanely addictive... believe me.
    I've heard very good and bad things about those little pills, depending on the type of pill you have they should be easy to abuse if you really wanted too but if you snort them you may well end up topping your self.

They are starting to be available on prescription here, my mates doctor gave him a pen with the trade name on the side here, which would suggest they are pushing it to doctors here.

Its really only supposed to be used in very rare cases and your sister is preaty lucky to get them for something like back pain, I heard they were only for cancer and terminal people.

I have heard that they are a bit like fentanil (sp?) which is basicaly a strong opiate which is used in hospitals and can be very pleasurable, however there use is being tightened in the US because people keep over doing it and dying.

If you really are going to abuse them be VERY careful.
    have decided not to bother with it... after reading Mr Jolly Joe & the addictive bit... think i will just stick with me Smileys... :yes: