Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

taking a pill..then another..and another?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, this is probably a very dumb question to all you experts. Ive only dropped twice, anyway back to the point. If you drop, and then keep dropping throughout the night, will you actually stay on a high? Oh course i dont mean for ever :rolleyes: or is it pointless and just a waste of pills? I know that the mdma releases seratonin and all that stuff, which is why i was wondering if it would actually work or not? or after you've dropped during the night, is that it for the night..?

Anyway, thanks

Comments

• Options
    In my experience if I keep on taking them I stay high.

What I normally do is take one then after the first major rush has gone I drop another and so on for 5/6 more.

I dont know how many pills/days you could go on for though.

Snorting them helps too.

Happy pilling!
  • Options
    Its not going to last forever, think about it, what is a pill actually doing to your body and why are you affected in the way that you are?

Pills usually contain one of the MD* family (MDMA/MDEA/MDA), without complicating things lets break down the chemical equation:

mdma = methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine

MDMA is a 'psychedelic amphetamine' from which each pill (and they vary greatly) contain between 60mg and 130mg (as well as additional componants such as speed/caffine/ephodrine), and basically the effect you feel is the brain releasing a parition of its serotonin levels due to the bridged neurotransmitters - aka euphoria in feelings, it also causes hightened blood pressure and excelled heart rate, as its a stimulant it prevents sleep and can cause insomnia, its also a anti-duretic (sp?) and can inhibite you from passing urine whilst 'high' (see why drinking excessive alcohol which dehydrates you is dangerous now? How you gonna get rid of all the water?)

I'd going to save myself an essay now and just pretty much say that, no.. you can't keep taking pills and getting the same effect, your brain acts in the same way as a farm, it needs serotonin to function correctly and MDMA only releases a 'certain' amount of this brain chemical before stopping, so say on average that it will only release down to 60% capacity then after that figure you won't feel it, well technically you will still feel effects from the pill but will be unlikely to be euphoric or the same, as its an ampetamine product you will still feel some rush effects from the adrenaline etc.

I'd really advise you read: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml

Know your chemicals and be safe, don't end up another statistic through lack of education!
  • Options
    .... adding quickly, it can take up to 2 weeks for your body to replenish the Seretoin levels, so I suggest anyone who takes pills should also take 5HTP from 3 days before to 3 days after... 5HTP is the chemical the body utilises into replenishing seretoin in the brain and can be bought from most health stores.. :)
  • Options
    Nice bit of advice Justin, I would also add that the high you are on changes as you go on through the night.

I have only been taking for just over a year now & the ripe old age of 26, when i first started out 1 or 2 were fantastic then as it went on i was taking more & more trying to keep the "high" i found that i felt really monged out by the end of the night & generally a big mess with my chest hurting the come down the next day was huge & lasted ages...

If you feel yourself coming down just give it a little while & you will just come back up with out dropping again.

Now a days i find it better to take one early ride that out to about midnight then take the other.... next days not too bad on the come down.

You could also try Poppers whilst your on Pills to give you a bit of a hit, but like with all of these things read up on them before you try!
  • Options
    In my experience it is more the durartion rather than the ammount taken - i.e if you took say 2 pills felt great then took another in arround an hour or so you would probably come up a little more, however if you waited till you started coming down you wouldn't get an awful lot other than just feeling more monged out which is sometimes fun too!
  • Options
    Everyone has their own theories, I reckon you cant get any higher than taking 4 pills, the most I have done was 13 in a night, altho its a waste I still take more than four because I am greedy. I probably do about 5/6 now.

4 when out and two to come home to :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I'd aggree, you cant keep taking them without it coming back and bitting you in the ass as anyone who has tried will know.

I know heavy pill users who's system is to do about 5 with in the first 2 hours and then cut it and not do anymore.

I do find that if I'm 'chasing the high' then I dont end up enjoying myself as much, I find this a lot with wizz where I can just keep caining it and not quite get where I want.
  • Options
    know what you mean.... sometimes i have found myself on the dance floor thinking "come on, come on when is it going to hit?" I end up getting frustrated then when it does hit , its not a nice as you have put yourself in a bad mood :no: