Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

makes no sense!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys! does this make sense to anyone/can anyone explain it....................on x-mas eve i had to work and there was a lad there on the till next to mine and he was really nice...i asked around and got his number and we text each other the past few days.
This morning he gave me his msn address and then when we had been talking on there for about half an hour he asked me what i was up to today and did i wanna meet him in town later? i said yeah and was really excited and i met up with him and it was all brilliant and i had a great time :) and he even walked me home after.
Before i left to meet him i was talking to one of my friends who is also a friend of his and she warned me that he is aparently the type of guy who will get what ever he can out of a girl and get as far with her as he can and then drop her.
considering this i dont know if its a good or bad thing that he didnt even try to kiss me? could it be because he just doesnt like me?? but then would he have walked me home?
at one point on the way home we could have turned one way and got home much sooner or go the long way and wen i told him that he said oh lets go the long way (it was also absolutly tipping it down)
Sorry this is so long...just his actions dont make sence 2 me. what im tryin to ask (i think) is 'is the fact he didnt try anything on with me a good thing?'
:eek2:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Perhaps he really does like you, perhaps he doesn't. It is up to you to trust what your friend has said 100% or take you're time with him and see what happens.

Make sure you only do what you're comfortable with.

You might also want to look at your friends motivations for telling you what he is like, perhaps she fancies him?
    I would keep meeting him if you really like him but don't rush into anything with him just take it slowly. If he really likes you then he will respect the fact that you want to take it slowly and if he really is like your friend says he will move onto the next girl pretty quickly, those type of guys don't hang round too long to get what they want.
    He maybe shy (Or sneaky)

Either way why do you need to wait for him to make the move?

and I wouldn't jump to any conclusions after meeting him once, you women (Taking generally) do read to much into what men say and do, and can get the wrong end of the stick.

That said, If I were you I would txt him and ask him if he wants to go out again, and maybe plat little sexy txt games if you have the money.

*Might help you make up your mind on him sexually, and see if he any good at getting you wet!;) ;) * -(Sorry I had to add it in:o )

P.S

Don't disregard what your friend has told you yet, play it safe and find out more about this lad if you like him (Don't pre-judge him, just get little back round info)

If you don't like him and feel that you wont be hurt by his actions, go ahead and play around with him.
    sexual
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    .You might also want to look at your friends motivations for telling you what he is like, perhaps she fancies him?

she and him have history...not quite sure what happened between them but she says something did.

i do really like him and if he asks to see me again i will definitly say yes but im not gonna let him do anything im not happy with. i just hope my friend is wrong about him tho!
    If she has a history with him there are two possibilities

a) She REALLY knows what he is like and you should be listening to her warning
    b) she's trying to stir.

Its really hard to know, are YOU a good judge of character?

You say this girl is one of your friends...how good a friend? Can you trust her, would she lie to you? It's a difficult thing for a friend to do...that is, warn a mate off a man, because often the person you have warned will ignore the advice and go for what they really want. At the end of the day you can only make your own mistakes...but try not to get hurt, Don't rush into anything with this boy. make him wait a little perhaps, Spend some time with your mates...don't invest all your energy into being with him.

And maybe talk to your friend again and see what else she knows.
    my friend and i arent that close. ive not ever met her but she used to go out with my ex-boyfriends mate so i know her threw them, i only ever talk 2 her on msn.
    she goes to the same school as this guy and thats why i asked her if she had his number. she told me bout wat hes like and that she has history with him and not to tell him she gave me his number. she said all this before giving me his number
    ive only met up with the guy once which was yesterday so im not leaving my m8s out to be with him...ive learnt not to do that the hard way b4.
    If you have never met this girl then you might be unwise to trust her. She obviously had motivations for giving you his number. Firstly you shouldn't give other people's numbers away and secondly, if she was so worried about you why would she give you the number of a scumbag??
    Well...you could look at it that way, or how about this way.

She didn't think it was fair not to give you the number (Which you asked for) but was good enough to give you the number along with a warning about what she knew.

What else could she do?
    Originally posted by byny
    Well...you could look at it that way, or how about this way.

She didn't think it was fair not to give you the number (Which you asked for) but was good enough to give you the number along with a warning about what she knew.

What else could she do?
    Well yes you could look at it that way, but I would never give somebody someone's number in that manner. Fair enough if blonde_batman had already met him or knew him vaguely that would be ok, but they were total strangers.
    I guess I wouldn't ask for a complete strangers number..but thats just me!
    Perhaps we are focusing too much on the fact that the other girl may be a bitch who's trying to stir things and should be concentrationg on finding out if this guy is a nice person...use your own judgement.
    At least now you know there may be something to be wary of...and it may turn out that you are pleasantly surprised!
    ok i think that you may have got the rong end of the stick....not sure tho.....i have met this guy, i know him from work...its the girl ive not actually met in person...not quite sure if i explained that or not.
    she gave me his number with the warning.
    i saw him today when i went food shopping with my mum and he was working...when i walked past his till he kinda did a double take and then looked pleased to see me and smiled and then like waved bye when i left
    each time i see him of he sends me a message i like him more :(
    i text him and asked him did he want to maybe do something on friday...but he is still at work so no reply as of yet.

do you think im going about this the right way? surely he deserves the benifit of the doubt until (if he does) does something wrong?
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

do you think im going about this the right way? surely he deserves the benifit of the doubt until (if he does) does something wrong?

Yes. you are right!

Just carry on the way you are.:)