Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breathing..or rather, not.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For a while now I ve been stopping breathing at night.
I'll be lying in bed dozing and my breathing slows right down, and then stops, like my body has forgotten its supposed to be breathing and I find it hard to take a breath for a few seconds, and then I panic.:rolleyes:

It only happens at night, and sometimes Im asleep and it wakes me up (just as well really!!).

Has anyone else had this experience?
Im getting worried that I might not wake up one morning.:(

Comments

• Options
    See a doctor or GP ASAP
  • Options
    useful article on sleep disorders

It may be nothing but it is always best to go and see your GP

Susie :)
  • Options
    I have the exact same thing, and it was weird when i stopped breathing. I would just wake up and my torso would spring up and i would take a huge gasp of air. Its stopped a bit now - i think it may have been due to the fact i was laying on my chest so i couldnt breathe, but its nasty anyway. Try getting a breeze running through your room if you cool down then you will be more able to relax more and it might help - it helped me.
  • Options
    What you're talking about sounds like a sleep disorder called sleep apnea - but to be sure, do your research, I've done quite a bit myself as I've got rather the same condition. It's a bitch, that's all I can say ... wish it would go away so I could finally get a good night's sleep.
  • Options
    And I thought I was the only one.