Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jimmy Eat World

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've just downloaded a couple of their songs from Kazaa and really like the sound of them could anybody tell me which ones are good to download?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "sweetness" is the only one I recall...it's great!
    hiya Jimmy Eat World are a really cool Emo Band. I saw them this year (v.good). I'd reccomend "bleed American" and "The Middle". Hope im some help!

P.S they have a few albums out which are good
    JEW are one of my favourite ever ROCK bands. (They hate being called 'emo' :p )

Anyway, there are four members in the band.
    Jim Adkins - voals, guitar
    Rick Burch - bass
    Zach Lind - drums
    Tom Linton - guitar, vocals

They have released three albums: (although in 1994 they released a self titled LP)
    1996 Static Prevails
    1999 Clarity
    2001 Self Titled (originally entitled Bleed American but renamed after 11/9)

I know you asked which songs to download, but I would recommend getting their latest album as an introduction. It is certainly the mosy rocky and you can jump around to it. Clarity is much slower and more melodic but still highly listenable. Static Prevails is more indie than rock.
    Sweetness
    The Middle
    Bleed American

Download em, love em, buy em.

:D
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I would recommend getting their latest album as an introduction. It is certainly the mosy rocky and you can jump around to it.

*Nod*
    Their latest is definetly their most accessible (ooh, pretentious ) album to start with if you haven't listened to them before.
    Clarity is still my fave though.
    I love Jimmy Eat World, they're coming to Melbourne soon and so I'm finding someone to drag along to go see them with me!
    praise chorus!!!!!!!!
    I've got 'The middle' and I really like that, but I don't remember hearing any of their other music.
    Jimmy eat world are bloody brilliant in my own opinion, i've seen them 4 times, my mate sneaked into there back stage area and drank champayne with the lads, they're music is qulaity.Im a huge fan of there albums clarity and bleed american.

rock on JEW ;)