Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

urgh, mums, urgh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it mums are soooooooo pedantic half the time? I mean it's sooooooooo annoying. It's got to me, really it has, mum has been making arguements up about EVERYTHING she possibly can, she's destroying my life, tearing it into pieces...

(the story is at my LJ)

Comments

• Options
    Re: urgh, mums, urgh
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    why is it mums are soooooooo pedantic half the time? I mean it's sooooooooo annoying. It's got to me, really it has, mum has been making arguements up about EVERYTHING she possibly can, she's destroying my life, tearing it into pieces...

(the story is at my LJ)

I got a pretty cool mum, she cares for me but lets me do my own stuff, in return I don't give her shit.

Try working with her, agree with her (It works with all women) Just nod and and say "Yes....Mum, dear, ect"

I really wish I hadn't drunk so much so early.
  • Options
    That is your perception of what is happening. I am sure if we talked to her she would have a different story for us all. Have you tried seeing it from her POV? You really must start sleeping at a normal time otherwise you'll soon find you'll be sleeping all day and awake all night!

However, I agree that mum's can be right pains in the arse. Remember she has/had a mother too so she will more than likely realise she is upsetting you, but thats just what mums do. Hang in there. Hopefully it will blow over.
  • Options
    I get on with my mum. Most the time.
  • Options
    my mum just gave me the spanish inquistion about my shopping trip :rolleyes: My mum doesnt like me having posters of women on walls for some reason but sisters have pics of mostly naked men in poses and thats ok apparently bah:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    My mum doesnt like me having posters of women on walls for some reason but sisters have pics of mostly naked men in poses and thats ok apparently bah:crazyeyes

Cos your mum enjoys seeking a peak at them when you are at school;) :lol:;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Cos your mum enjoys seeking a peak at them when you are at school;) :lol:;)
    my mum leaves earlier and comes back from work earlier than me going to school.
  • Options

(the story is at my LJ)

I miss my mom... :(
  • Options
    hmm.....my mum and dad have started this 'thing' they told me that if I dont tell them details about MY PERSONAL LIFE such as who im going out with or who i fancy/ what im doing with them / who im going shopping/partying with etc and then what I get up to there. I mean I dont WANT them to know cos it would just embarrass both of us. Its so silly. I like being secret cos then I wont have them asking me questions say if a relationshiop breaks down or why this guy wont go out with me or sommat or why i did that. Its soooooooooooo gawd.

*babbling over*
  • Options
    Re: Re: urgh, mums, urgh
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

I miss my mom... :(

aaaaaaw *hugs you tight*
  • Options
    OK, how can I say this? This isn`t what you want to hear at all, but your Mum loves you and that`s why she cares what you do. Most mums basically want their kids to become happy, succesful, productive members of society, and she`s afraid that this might be a first step on the slippery slope to something else entirely.

I`m afraid it`s very easy to lose all perspective where your own kids are involved. I used to sleep all day at every opportunity when I was a teenager, and it is a fact that you need more sleep at this time of your life, but hey, if my son were sleeping all day I`d probably say something too (and yes I do have kids)Parents are hypocritical pains in the arse, but only cause they care enough to want better for you. And that`s their job.
  • Options
    Well said Miffy! I don't have kids, but I can honestly appreciate how difficult it muct be to be a cool parent whilst also looking out for their welfare.

I mean, a bad parent wouldn't give two shits what their kids got up too.

Pepsi - give your folks a break m'dear. At least their nature shows they care about you. If they let you do what you want then I would be a bit worried about them as parents!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    [B
    Pepsi - give your folks a break m'dear. At least their nature shows they care about you. If they let you do what you want then I would be a bit worried about them as parents! [/B]
    lol.....but stiiiiiill..they said if i dont tell them everything........well i wouldnt be allowed to go out.,grr.......omg i sound like a complaining teenager..oh rite I am.

Theyre wrong to ask this of me i tell u WRONG :P
  • Options
    well i read it, and i cant see what shes doing thats so wrong. would you rather she didnt give a shit.
    you dont know what youve got till its gone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

I dunno what I'd do without my mam. I'm a really mammy's boy.

Sometimes she does my head in, but she's cool.
  • Options
    I dunno... I'm a bit messed up, she is trying, and I respond sometimes but when she does try it's at the wrong times, I guess I just need space...
  • Options
    id die without my mum, shes such a support to me, yeah we had rows when i used to live at home, but we are so close. I cant see whats so wrong with her telling you that she wants you to sort your sleep pattern out. i think you should try and sort it out too. it cant help your depression much if all your waking hours are without sunlight.
    give your mum a break, and as for saying she doesnt understand what youre going through, she probably understands more than you give her credit for.
  • Options
    Hiya Guys :D

ok let Mum speak :p

Most parents care what their kids are up to. We only want the best, we want you to do well at school, get a decent job and make something of yourself. We care enough about you to ask "where are you going" "who are you going out with " "what time are you going to be in "
    We have all been through this ourselves, you want to think yourself lucky, when I was 16 I had to be in by 9:00. I did have freedom, just as long as my parents knew where I was. To be honest in todays society it is not safe for anyone to be out alone on a night so thats why we are always giving you the 10,000 questions.

Chaos your mum cares for you, why do you think shes having a go (or how you see it having a go) ? We all have a go at the people we love, we care enough to want whats best for you:) Give her a break............she cares for you, so everytime you think shes having a go just try to imagine what it would be like if you had a Son or Daughter, im very sure you will be doing exactly the same to them as your'e mum is doing to you now:)
    Trust me Chaos..............after all im a nun ;)
  • Options

(the story is at my LJ)
    chaos, i hope you can take this on the chin. i'm being straight with you here.
    YOU, seem to have problems with every body you interact with.
    do you have a deficiencey in social skills? seriously. you seem ill equipped to understand why people get annoyed with you. get angry with you etc. people who dont give a toss about you are given intimate details that they can jump on. people who do care about you are jumped on by you for interfering.
    me thinks that you are so absorbed by self as to be unaware how other people think, act feel, understand. why do they behave as they do? you admit you have problems but...are unable to see that that makes you a problem.
    you are a problem chaos if your having problems and those close to you, who may not know or understand those problems, are having to live and deal with you on a daily basis.
    me thinks that you are so absorbed with SELF, that you have little understanding of the way other people have to get on with thier lives and thier problems and difficulties...which you are probably unaware of anyway...and deal with you and the problems you have. get out and help other people who have problems...the old, the homeless, the whatever..........and see how fuckin busy you end up. that busy that you'll have little time to dwell upon SELF. your problems will surface less and less as you try to find solutions to the problems of others.
    as for mums.........when she suddenly goes in an accident or ilness
    then tell me what a pain in the arse she was!
    YOU...my friend have a lot of learning and changing to go through.
    all the best for yet another year ahead...............
  • Options
    Re: Re: urgh, mums, urgh
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you are a problem chaos if your having problems and those close to you, who may not know or understand those problems, are having to live and deal with you on a daily basis.

I sooo agree with that, it's the same as me but i do reconise it i AM a problem, because of the problems i have. Sometimes it's hard to accept yes, but it's true & you need to take a step back & think about what Morrocanm roll has said. Don't take it as him having a go though, try and use it contructively.

Good Luck Chaos
  • Options
    i'm so jealous of all you people on here, I wish my mum was still around to annoy me:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well i read it, and i cant see what shes doing thats so wrong. would you rather she didnt give a shit.
    *cries*
    Dont be so blunt!
    *runs*
  • Options
    Everyone hates their mum until shes gone, then you regret not loving her more. I love my mummy. then she gets drunk and I dont.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104

*cries*
    Dont be so blunt!
    *runs*

sorry
  • Options
    i'm obviosly not a mum but i am a father, an uncle, a grandfather, a husband and a brother. many rolls to fill. when you care about people you put fences and gateways around them for protection and guidance. if you don't care about them then you don't bother building anything. let them do as they please, roam free in a dangerous world. believe me, you would not be happy if your mum told you to do anything you liked without any words of advise or cuation. parents see and some times imagine the limititations of thier offspring and want to protect them...even to a degree control them.
    there are safety limits put up around us everywhere in life. traffic signals and rules. without them the roads just wouldn't work.
    when parents set boundaries and build safety mechanisms into a childs life they quite often build them in not quite the right place or forget to move them outward as the child grows. a parent might be reluctant to widen the horizons of a child, if the parent is convinced by that childs behaviour and understanding of his world, appears to be limited, difficult etc.
    remember as well. YOU have no idea at all what it is to be a parent. none of us who are parents got any special training in being one. being a parent is all about love, intuition, feeling and luck a lot of the time. children of all ages put tremendous demands and expectations on parents. especialy children who are showing signs of having problems in life. parents are mere humans. just people who suddenly have to take on the task of nurturing other humans who quite often show nothing but resentment.
  • Options
    My mum seems to have a vendetta against me at the moment... any music i put on...

In my Room.... "TURN IT DOWN! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR STUPID ADOLESCENT CRAP!" (That was Portishead : Dummy)

In the Computer room... "TURN IT DOWN!" (it was a bit loud so i did) 10 minutes later "TURN IT OFF! OR I'LL SEND YOU TO BED LIK
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    My mum seems to have a vendetta against me at the moment... any music i put on...

In my Room.... "TURN IT DOWN! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR STUPID ADOLESCENT CRAP!" (That was Portishead : Dummy)

In the Computer room... "TURN IT DOWN!" (it was a bit loud so i did) 10 minutes later "TURN IT OFF! OR I'LL SEND YOU TO BED LIK
    Yes, I can imagine her doing that, does she ever change? Or does she occaisonly come in the computer room and stamp on cds still?
  • Options
    Some of your mums could be suffering from P.M.S I know just before my monthlys im really stressed out, sometimes my gob works overtime, im ratty and sometimes horrible:)
    Its just a thought like, lets face it even your mums are human, they do get stressd out just like you do :)

Try to take note on wether at a certain time in the month they are extra ratty, or can just blow a fuse for no reason. Im not making excuses for them, but if there is a pattern to the moods this could be why:)
  • Options
    I thank all of you for your kind replies, but the one I'm replying to sepcifically is morrocan rolls. You know you nearly made me cry. I don't think they would be tears of happiness or unhappiness, but maybe fear, fear that you are right. I can see what you have said is quite probably true even though it's very fucking hard to admit it. I can;t help the way I am, I guess I'm just a bit fucked up, but hey, teenagers often are, especially when them counselling bastards don't help you when you NEED THEM. I'm referring to the several (three to be exact) months ago when I applied for counselling, I'm still fucking waiting. I need help, at least I admit that. I find it harder and harder each day to even think.

Two seconds off subject, I just heard some lyrics possibly applying to all of you:

"You speak for all of us when you can't be heard"

I just thought they're fitting.

I'm a confused young man, that's the bottom line really, it's all I guess I can say.

I try to be a constructive member to society, I talk to myself to try and make myself a better person, God knows if it works but I try, I try...