Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dissapointed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well....i met this guy on the internet (i dont make a habit of it) and we got on really well, he didnt have a photo at the time and we swapped numbers and every night since then we've spent like 3 hours on the fone 2 eachother. We told eachother we love eachother, but today he was supposed to meet me and so he put a foto on the net for me to see and he's really really really ugly.but i dont know wot to do cos i still love him but theres no attraction there and i told him that and didnt come down and i thought he was the one and hes got such a sexy voice, it doesnt go with his looks

:(

Comments

• Options
    I aint being funny but that will teach you to say I LOVE YOU to someone you don't really know.
  • Options
    I am usually the only person to say online relationships are stupid, but I think you'll have learnt a valuable lesson.

Sorry but you can't love someone without knowing what they look like. I am the least shallow person I know, so I am not being vain or anything, but sexual attraction is a huge part of being in love with someone in a sexual way. Perhaps you need to redefine your feelings for him. Don't string him along though.
  • Options
    Maybe it was a bad photo?

;)
  • Options
    Maybe it wasn't his photo at all? Perhaps he thought he'd send you something really ugly to see if you were genuine about 'loving him' - in which case he'd have done the right thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MWF
    Maybe it wasn't his photo at all? Perhaps he thought he'd send you something really ugly to see if you were genuine about 'loving him' - in which case he'd have done the right thing.

That could be true.

But its a bit cold.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Joey_Joe

That could be true.

But its a bit cold.

Yeah kinda shootin yourself in the foot really doing that aren't you.

"Well she says she loves me... time to send that photo I found on Ugly.com to scare her off."
  • Options
    Peoples looks have nothing to do with love, I personally think you are being shallow. If you like someone, there personality is such a big turn on you will find other 'sexy' features of them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *milky way*
    If you like someone, there personality is such a big turn on you will find other 'sexy' features of them.

True but if you only ever 'knew' them from chatting on the net or the phone it is different - you never really knew them.