Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lee Bowyer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is he a thug, footballer or just an animal?

http://www.thisislondon.com/sport/articles/nmhp-sport-51394-1?source=

His behaviour on and off the pitch is something that worries me, I'm begging to think that maybe he needs a long ban and a hash fine to make him realise he isn't above the law and just because things don't go his way he can't act like a kid!

What do you make of him and his behaviour?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He is a disgrace to football and to the human race.
    He is a racist scumbag. Before the Asian lad was kicked to fuck (and regardless of what conclusion was reached at the trial I think we all know who and who wasn't involved) Bowyer had already earned a conviction for racial abuse. He went into a McDonalds a few years ago and ordered a burger and chips. When an Asian employee started to prepare the order Bowyer shouted "Not by you. I don't want my food served by a fucking Paki".

Well, anyone who thinks and says such things is a disgrace to the human race in my book.

Combine that with his elbowing, stamping on faces and other dirty fouls and I think you can say he's a disgrace to football as well.
    I like him, he's a quality footballer, who should be in the England squad. What he does off the field is his buisness, he is no angel, but I have no intrest in his personal life. Besides those spaniards were dirty, football needs hard men, like Bowyer, keane etc..... its fast becoming a poncy non-contact game and it shouldn't be.
    Oh so you think stamping on someone's face is acceptable then? :rolleyes:

I know they say football and politics shouldn't be mixed, but when you have a convicted racist playing Premiership football (not to mention wearing the England jersey) you're not sending out a very nice message. So much for 'Let's kick racism out of football'.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Oh so you think stamping on someone's face is acceptable then? :rolleyes:

I know they say football and politics shouldn't be mixed, but when you have a convicted racist playing Premiership football (not to mention wearing the England jersey) you're not sending out a very nice message. So much for 'Let's kick racism out of football'.

Like I say what he gets up to of the pitch is his buisness, it was no different to Tony Adams and his drink driving conviction. I judge footballers on ability, not personality. Secondly, whilst I don't find stamping on somebodies head acceptable, I do still love seeing a nutter in the middle of the park letting the opposition know he is there. Its part of the game I love, you can't beat it when some poncy Italian goes dancing down the wing only to be clattered by some giant, usless, full back, it always recieves a roar of approval from the fans.
    1. When the video is replayed TIME AND TIME AGAIN! i see that it is an attept to dodge the palyer almost as if trying to jump over him thus the fact VERY LITTLE contact made! look at it from all angles not the angles tabloid papers show!

2. Persoanlly i am not happy at his behaviour towards Leeds - he has treated then badly!... always giving bad names as this thread suggests BUT YES HE IS A GREAT PLAYER! and hasnt really been treated very well himself!

3. He was found innocent and TWATS who insist on saying that he is guilty should face it and see that he is innocent. People are always quick to judge!...

...4. like they are when they hear 'sad playground rumours' like the sun etc! the nacdonalds incident how the hell can anyone prove it???? even our 'hero' david beckham has rumours spread about him but people are like 'ooh DAVID! WE LUV YOUR ASS TO CARE!'

5. Grow up and realise that not all you see or hear is the truth! im not saying he is an angel and i dont know why i am sticking up for him as he is not perfect and he is a traitor to leeds! BUT he is innocent and a bloody great player! :p
    1. When the video is replayed, over and over again, I see a man stamping on someones head. That there was little contact is a relief, not cause for celebration.

2. This great player, who doesn't seem to be wanted by anyone else these days. Not since he shat on Liverpool.

3. He was found NOT GUILTY, this doesn't mean that he is innocent. Simply that there was insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Look at his character and his past record and I think you get a better picture than the one that the verdict gives you.

4. The McDonalds incident is just one of many. Are they all rumours?
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    1. When the video is replayed, over and over again, I see a man stamping on someones head. That there was little contact is a relief, not cause for celebration.

Yet it still looks as though it is an attemp to jump out of the way of the guy!
    2. This great player, who doesn't seem to be wanted by anyone else these days. Not since he shat on Liverpool.

I know the way he shat on leeds too!
    3. He was found NOT GUILTY, this doesn't mean that he is innocent. Simply that there was insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Look at his character and his past record and I think you get a better picture than the one that the verdict gives you.

Shut up and put up with it! NOT GUILTY! means not guilty!
    4. The McDonalds incident is just one of many. Are they all rumours?

how do you know this tabloid papers OR eye whitness experiences????

You should know by now being a man u fan that your team cough keane cough aint perfect!!!!
    Terry Venables after the match:
    "He's said to me that he did put his foot on his head, and if he does that he's got to be big enough to take responsibility for it. If he's admitted it himself then he has to take what comes to him."

Sounds like a stamp to me. I've seen it from hundreds of angles and I think it's at least an attempt at a stamp. So do 2 of my mates that are Leeds fans

He is great player. I was at the England vs Portugal game and he, along with Gerrard, was outstanding. I'd be happy to see him playing at Villa Park every week but it's almost certainly not worth with all the off the field stuff along with incidents like this.
    Be careful who you call a twat Devil. How does it go? It takes one to…

Bowyer DID receive a conviction for the McDonalds incident. But clearly he's innocent in your eyes and always will (or for as long as he's wearing a Leeds shirt presumably).

If you really cared about your club you'd be more concerned about Leeds employing the services of racists, thugs and other nasty pieces of work than giving such players blanket protection.

Happy Xmas :)
    I read a banner at the Liverpool match the other day, it read 'the difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success'. I think it applies to Bowyer and the junction his career has reached, he can still go on to become a great player, who could represent his county in major tournaments, or he may end up achieveing very little, the ball is in his court.

Devil, quite how you can claim Bowyer didn't mean to stamp on his head I don't know, especially as he admitted it, its a lost cause your chasing there.