Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Breast Awareness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many females are really aware about checking?whatever age? i had my first scare at 17 ive had 4 others since tho luckily i thank god just identified as cysts! how many check regular?Im a big fan of family planing clinic as at 17 ith a very big lump in my breast went to my then doc in tears about my lump to be told stop being so hormonal ur breasts are growing.He did not examine me or anything!or try reassure me!i went to F.P.C who checked me agreed there was something more than hormones but reassured me!& also taught me how to check once confirmed it was a cyst & talked me thro stuff!But the fact is not may know how to check or to realise ive had lumps in various places.Luckily i do panic agreeded when i find a lump but i know to check n go docs.I dont care how old you are i believe once youve "sprouted" you should be taught to check?& properly

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats so weird youve posted this as i found a massive lump in one breast yesterday, and although i realise its probably nothing since im only 26 and theyve always been quite lumpyish, I want to get it checked out, but dont want the doctor to disregard it, i didnt know that FPC would do that.
    omg im glad i did! do go! they are so very informative understanding etc go! i was scared shitless first time i had one at 17! go to FPC just to reasure u n show u urself :) prob a cyst but better safe than sorry
    well i went to the doctors today and he checked it for me and said he could definitely feel what i meant. its definitely not a cyst though, and he wants to see me in 2 weeks time, further on into my cycle to see if its changed, and if he cant convince himself its fine, then he will send me for a mammogram. so fingers crossed.