Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls = Slag Boys = Stud

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know they have this on the home page, but i thought id see what people think about this subject. Why is it okay for men to sleep with as many women as they want, and get called a stud, but if a girl does it shes a slapper? This has always been one of two topics that annoys me. Your opinions pls :mad:

Comments

• Options
    In my experience the majority of men love girls that sleep around a bit. Its OTHER GIRLS that label them as slags/slappers/bucket bearing bifters etc.
  • Options
    There's this absolute prick I know who had slept with 26 people the last time I heard from him and there he was saying one of the girls he slept with was 15 but it was ok cos she was a slapper anyway! I mean hello? What does he class himself as then he was trying to get to 50 by new year :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know it is sooooo anoying!!!!! I really dont understand it lads get such a big head from it aswell!! grrr :mad:
    lol soz my anger being taken out there.
    s_m_b
  • Options
    Quality not Quantity!

Id rather look back when Im an old man and think that I had only slept with say 10 partners and had great sex than look back and think I slept wit 50 partners and hardly remember any of them because they were just conquests!
  • Options
    He's such a twat as well he thinks he's well cool now he can have everyone apparently :rolleyes: Well he can't have me which he isn't very happy about :D It's pathetic he chases girls around like he can have everyone it's only his looks they go for not his persoanlity cos he hasn't got one. Anything in a skirt he'll bed :rolleyes: :yuck:
  • Options

Butterfly00
    Why is it okay for men to sleep with as many women as they want, and get called a stud, but if a girl does it shes a slapper

Who told you this? I think you may be working under some false assumptions.....

For a start "stud" and "slapper" are the male and female words for the same thing, and if you think one is good and one is bad then you really need to spend some time thinking about inconsistancys in your world-view.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak

Butterfly00
    Why is it okay for men to sleep with as many women as they want, and get called a stud, but if a girl does it shes a slapper

Who told you this? I think you may be working under some false assumptions.....

For a start "stud" and "slapper" are the male and female words for the same thing, and if you think one is good and one is bad then you really need to spend some time thinking about inconsistancys in your world-view.

Seems to me you actually have a problem with me, it general knowledge that a bloke gets called a stud if hes a slag, but a girl gets called a slag is she sleeps with a few men or has one nite stands, i think you need to lighten up a bit mate
  • Options
    I don't understand why us girls are labelled as slags when we have slept with a few people and men are studs. I think if you like sleeping around and don't hurt anyone in the process then its fine and no one has the right to call you a slag. I think men are considered studs because they are so competitive so the more of something they do the better they become within their group.
  • Options
    Afew years back this idiot was ice-skating and I thought he was well fit and was watching him. He noticed me and came over and was 'trying' to impress me. He was like everyone in school calls me a stud what does that mean. What a nobber! his way of telling me he is popular and gets about abit. Doesn't impress me at all.
  • Options
    People like to call others "easy" or "slag" in order to feel superuor, to put them in their place and to judge them.

People have called me a slag, in the past it used to really hurt but now I don't care, although it does piss me off.

A male friend called me easy a few weeks ago, but he does exactly the same things as me. I am single, I go out on dates, I snog people and SHOCK horror I have sex. But hey, he's a bloke, so it's ok for him to do that but I am a girl so I must be the spawn of the devil.

Who defines a slag anyway? Some people would say you're a slag just for having premarital sex, some would say a slag is someone who "sleeps around". How do you define it in numbers?

To me, somebody who is immoral is someone who doesn't use protection, lies to people by making out that they care about them when it is just sex.

In my opinion a person (male or female) who is SINGLE, protects themselves, and is HONEST, is doing nothing wrong.
    Listen to Christina Aguelira's song, Can't Hold Me Down, on her new album, which is about these double standards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    People have called me a slag, in the past it used to really hurt but now I don't care, although it does piss me off.

Yeah me too. I don't think i'm a slag at all. So I may of had a couple of one night stands & slept with more people than most of my mates. So what. It's my body & as long as I keep myself safe & am not hurting anyone I don't see the problem.

Sorry, rant over. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    OK , I DONT FU CKING CARE ABOUT YOU BIT CHAS S POSTS SO ALL OF YOU FATHERFUC KERS, GO FU CK A DA MN FUC KING DA MN GOAT!:lol:
  • Options
    /´¯/)
    ,/¯ /
    / /
    /´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
    /'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
    ('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
    \ ' /
    '\' \ _.·´
    \ (
    \ \
  • Options
    A
    A /´¯/)
    A ,/¯ /
    A / /
    A /´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
    A /'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
    A ('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
    A \ ' /
    A '\' \ _.·´
    A \ (
    A \ \
  • Options
    personally i dont think the term slag is "gender" specific
  • Options
    Just fuck off Bitchman.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

The only thing with getting around, for females (so I'm told) is the risk of turning into a 'bucket'.

No, that wont happen from shagging too much, if the pussy tight, it'll stay tight (Maybe childbirth may turn it to 'bucket') but sex wont do that.

*Unless the dick is like.....er... really really big*;) :p

but even so, that wont make it into a "fat fanny"

(But sleeping around is bad girls, don't do it!) :p;)
  • Options
    Unless it's with you of course. :rolleyes:

Strange how boys don't like girls who "sleep around" but are generally only too keen to get girls into bed as quick as possible!
  • Options

Strange how boys don't like girls who "sleep around" but are generally only too keen to get girls into bed as quick as possible!

This might sound stupid to some people but i actually liked hearing bout my girlfriends past sexually. Not that she was a slapper or anything but just turned me on sometimes.

I know im strange.
  • Options
    Nah I think a lot of blokes will sleep with a girl who offers whether she is pretty or not. Sorry guys to make out you are all awful but I do think there is some truth in that.
  • Options

Hehehe, With me? Nah!

I was joking, But a lot of girls do lie about how many people they slept with. (If them reports are to be believed)

they always claim that men sleep with X-amount of girls, whereas girls have fewer partners.

Either man are lying (Fairly possible) or women are. If men are sleeping around there needs to be equal (roughly) amount of women doing the same surely (They can't be banging the same one)

So if women are lying about it, surely you are ashamed of your actions then?!:p ;):p or would rather people didn't know your business, But girls are always the first to throw accusations about other girls! (I'm just messing!)
    Nah I think a lot of blokes will sleep with a girl who offers whether she is pretty or not. Sorry guys to make out you are all awful but I do think there is some truth in that.

It is true, from the blokes that I know anyway! (The ones that drink!)

If there single and lonely and want a shag, they will take anything that's on offer, and ugly birds seem to go the fastest because there is no effort involved, she not going to turn you down. (Sorry to be so blunt)

I've seen good looking blokes go with right 'dogs' all because they've had a drink, (The bottle can be your own worse emery at times) sure girls have done the same with ugly blokes.

and the fact that men are fertile all year round means that are bodies play a part in our sleeping around (Maybe not, but the only excuse I could think of)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

I was joking, But a lot of girls do lie about how many people they slept with. (If them reports are to be believed)

they always claim that men sleep with X-amount of girls, whereas girls have fewer partners.

Either man are lying (Fairly possible) or women are.

I think it is more likely the blokes exagerate...
  • Options
    It amuses me how many generalisations and stereotyping is flying around in this thread. ah well tis life.

To the original question.
    Yeah id say that was true. Lads who sleep around are called studs by their mates not really by girls tho. Girls are called slappers by both genders if they sleep around. hey that life, get over it because it really doesnt matter.
  • Options
    I know what you mean! Right there's this guy am sort of friends with and he is two yeras younger than me(18) and he's slept with about thirty plus girls. He stands about boasting and showing off and we were having a big discussion and he said I was a slapper as I had slept with...mmm let me see...all of four guys! That does totally piss me off.
  • Options
    I think that's very unfair towards you Kosari, and I'd be wondering whether to class him as a mate, plus those who brag usually haven't been with that many. I also think that some girls can be talked into sleeping with a guy, due to emotions. I know a couple of girls who had slept with upto 20 guys in a period of year to two years of losing their virginity, then one day they sat there and thought, "what the fuck am I doing". Now they have totally changed, and yeah at the time people were calling them slags. One of them is a real close friend, she puts it down to seeking attention from guys. That's a big difference I think alot girls do it because they seek attention whether they realise it or not, whilst the majority of guys just do it cos they want a shag.

Now look at it from that perspective, who's the slapper?
  • Options
    I think everything is wrong! Woman should be allowed to do as men do. unfortunitly men have it programmed in them from the stone age to make anything pregnant! but girls should be allowed to slepp with X amount of guys if they wish.

I used to call girls who had a few sexual partners slags, that was before i had sex. i now relise that there is nothing wrong with havin a few sexual partners, and that girls are sometimes gagging for it aswell. so i know if i wasnt with my boyfriend i would probably sleep with a few blokes, cos sometimes you just need it bad!

i was called a slag at school! i have only ever kissed and had sex etc with one bloke........my boyfriend yet i was called a slag. i think it is just a way of people being nasty, and if the girl has slept with a few people others can use it as a way on insulting that person.

when i was younger my brother came home from being on the pull the night before, i over heard my dad sayin "did u shag her son???...........good on ya my son". then about a week later my sister was talking to her friend about a guy she pulled and slept with and my dad called her a dirty little tramp.

i also over heard my boyfriends mates outside today when i was in bed talking about girls they had pulled, and saying "oh yeah man she was really tight, which i was surprised at cos she is such a easy ho!" and talking about girls tightness depending on their sex lifes. and about easy "slappers" they had slepts with. so guys do call girls slags, and a lot of men (well my bf's mates atleast) dont have a lot of respect for women.

i personally say each to they own!!!! if you want to have an active sex life with different people, which ever sex you are. then go for it!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ±Eminem Lover±

I guess i was just trying to make up for what i never had when i was younger as all my mates when they were 11-12 were dating and shit, nothing secerious but you know whats its like when you are that age, it seems very important.

Anyway, becuase things changed for me so suddenly i didn't think.

I don't think very highly of myself so any guy that wants to be with him i let him because i think i should be lucky because he wants to use me, god that sounds so stupid.
    ~XXX~

Same here.

Everyones a slag as far as im concerned. No gender barriers with me :p
  • Options
    Personally I never use the term "stud" except when taking the piss. As far as I'm concerned a slag is a slag, regardless of gender.