Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drug Testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
TheSite factsheet here

not had a topic done about this for a while. do you agree\disagree and why? i feel that if you have not been taking drugs on the job then it doesnt matter. There may well be a few exceptions to this rule, e.g something where peoples safety may be put at risk by you having taken drugs the night before etc.
Duffy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think drugs should be banned in the workplace, some people have jobs that involve doing things taht arnt safe to do under the influence of drugs, adn even peolpe that arent doing dangerous work.... its just not quite right to be stoned while your at work i dunno... i mean they are paying you to be at work not stoned. so its a bit.......... im not sure what im trying to say here. but i just dont think people should be stoned at work.

however what you do in your own time is your own business and employers have no right to police your free time.
    If you got proper mashed till 6am Sat night then you know you don’t feel yourself until at least Tuesday night, so therefore cant be giving your best at your job.

Do you feel guilty for getting paid for giving less than 100% or think it makes up for when you gave 120% the other week & nobody noticed?!

If your in a job that has a safety implication then you deff should not be under any influence & I would feel better if that company employed drug testing to protect me (the consumer) in the long run.

Do we know what the procedure would be if you were found to have drugs in your system? are they obliged to inform the police? what would be put on your reason for leaving ? Gross misconduct? Could really screw you up for future jobs as well....
    I dont think its right, maybe the sweat test to see if you are on the drug at the moment (not too sure how it works tho) but urine tests show up cannabis use up to a week later. So if you have a jay at the weekend your fecked !