Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

moving to fast?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been going out with my boyfriend for the last month officially, but i guess we've acted like we've been together for a few months really. The thing is, things seem to be going scarily fast. We were close friends before and so in a way we've missed out on the whole get to know u exciting bit. Well, i guess we didnt miss it out, but we already know loads about each other, met the parents and made our impressions etc before we started seeing each other officially.
Really, i surpose i know that things arent moving fast, especially not on the physical side, but i keep comparing my relationship with those of my friends who have been going out similar periods and longer, and in comparison we seem to be zooming off while they dawdle along having all the sweet "honeymoon time" fun im missing
:(
I dont really know why im posting this! But if anyone feels the have any pearls of wisdom, feel free ;-)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well when me and my ex were first together, one of the first things I said was I wasn't too bothered about getting serious and she kinda thought the same. About a month later we were completely obsessed with each other.

What I'm saying is a lot of things in a relationship happen naturally. It's good that you were friends first. Try to stop worrying about it, everyone has niggly thoughts about relationships, especially during the first few months.

If you feel insecure about it, talk to your b/f :)
    Re: moving to fast?
    Originally posted by faerielights
    i keep comparing my relationship with those of my friends who have been going out similar periods and longer, and in comparison we seem to be zooming off while they dawdle along having all the sweet "honeymoon time" fun im missing
    :(

Stop comparing apples to oranges. :)

You and your partner are not the same people as others so the situation is completely different.

Just relax and go at the right speed for yourselves - whatever speed that may be.
    Re: Re: moving to fast?
    Originally posted by Black_Knight

Stop comparing apples to oranges. :)

But oranges are much nicer! :D

fairielights - just talk to your boyfriend about it if you are worried - that's what they're there for! and the other stuff....
    Your relationship is different from other peoples so don't try to judge your success by theirs.

Furthermore, if you think the realtionship is going to fast then you must talk to your boyfriend.

I had known my boyfriend for 15 years (my whole life) before we started going out 4 years ago. In some ways it takes the edge off because you know that you've got things in common with each other and know that you can sustain a friendship, so all you have to work on is the relationship!
    You should never compare yourself with your friend's relationships. Everyone is different and relationships work at different paces e.g. have been seeing my bfriend for three months and I slept with him after 5 days(and no I am not some mad slapper!) and I feel really close to him compared to my best mate who has been seeing her bfriend for nine months and they have not slept together due to religious reasons. Everyone goes at their own pace and she shouldn't be worried in the slightest.
    Everyone else has said it but i'm going to repeat it anyway...

DON'T compare your relationship with your friends' relationships! You and your boyfriend are different.

Also from a more personal pov, i was good friends with my boyfriend, then we kinda ended up in a proper relationship without first noticing lol... anyway things have gone quite quickly, both sexually and not, so i wouldn't worry - i think it's just like that when you've known your bf for a while.

Only think you have problems if you actually aren't happy with him.