Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Downloadin mooosic!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hia!
Does anyone know,If there is any site i can use to download music,staight from the site;that doesn't cost,and you don't have to download a programme, or satellite first!? e.g: Kazza,imesh etc Because i can't find one,and all the programmes ..*ahem* "mess" up my comp
Is there such thing??

thanx x

Comments

• Options
    Around about, yes, but they're nowhere near as good as using kazaa. Search in google for mp3 sites, I guess.
  • Options
    on msn messanger, beg people to send you files. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Around about, yes, but they're nowhere near as good as using kazaa. Search in google for mp3 sites, I guess.

:yes:

Kazaa is best.
    The mp3 sites usually seem to want money.

Because Kazaa is file sharing between users, and not a download site, it doesn't have to (supposedly) pay license fees to any record companies.

Someone's still trying to sue it, anyway...
  • Options
    Before the days of Napster, I had many uncessful attempts at downloading mp3s from http and ftp sites. If I ever had the rare opportunity to find a direct download link, my browser always gave me this error message "failed to download mp3 - server gave an extended response".

Following this, Napster served me for a couple of years (mid99-mid01), and then Winmx did the honours after the court rulings.

Play_gurli, as long as you have W95 or upwards, there shouldn't be a problem with file sharing software. Download something lightweight like Winmx. Also, if you have Real Player and other buggery starting up when Windows boots up, you can LOSE those. Don't uninstall them or anything, but just knock them off the msconfig start-up routines.
  • Options
    I use Kazaa at the moment, but will be looking at using Kazaa Lite (a hacked version that doesn't have the spyware and popups that irritate most users). Kazaa does bugger up all the Windoze 9x installs I've made though. I always needed to reboot after running Kazaa. However, it's much more stable and behaves better under 2000 & XP.
    Morpheus is similar to Kazaa, and doesn't cause the hiccups that Kazaa can.
    Limewire is similar too.
    Gnuttela is a similar peer to peer downloader.

That's about it for all the big, well known, p2p software.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Hey all! I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading the boards for a while so it feels like I know some of you already!

A good site to try might be www.mp3s4free.net - it has the UK Top 20 along with other countries charts and if they haven't got what you're looking for they can usually find it within a week. The only drawback is the number of pop-ups you get with it everytime you load a new page :rolleyes:

Hope that helped a little! :)
  • Options
    As well as mp3s4free, ive used mp3sound

:)

By the way, these sites dont have less unknown music, and mainly have pop music on, so you might not find what your after. If your into less well known bands/music, you'ld be betetr off downloading Kazaa, and theres also another version of kazaa, called kazaa lite, which doesnt have the software that coems with the other one which brings up all the pop-ups and crap, so might not bugger up your computer.. just an idea, havent tried it myself, so could be a pile of crap for all I know.

:)
  • Options
    Like many of the others have said.. best I know is KaZaA, the version we use is the KaZaA lite (Cracked Version) which takes the original no-spyware KaZaA Lite and adds additional features like:

"It's the same program, but with some new features added to it. Download from up to 40 sources at the same time per file (maximum was 8). Unlimited times "search more" is possible (used to be only once). "Find more sources" time-limit is now 4 minutes (used to be 10 minutes). Also, Kazaa Lite doesn't use port 1214 anymore, in case you've changed the port to another value"

Its really good, we download many movies and the 'avi previewer' basically means we can check what the film and film quality is like while we're downloading it - which if you download films daily then you'll know the frustration especially when your version of '8 Mile' turns out to be 'Face Off' LMAO!!

KaZaA Lite (Cracked) is the way to go in my book: http://doa2.host.sk/