Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

End Of A Long Term...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well where to start really....

me and my g/f met about 3 years ago, and we hit it stright off and became the best of friends, then things became more seriouse and in the end i pluked up the courage to ask her out..

She said yes, and for 2 and a half years we went out and it was the greatest time of my life:)

but then about a month ago, out of the blue, she asked 4 a break, which i eventually gave into 4 the good of the realationship, the break lasted about a week, wehn she called me and said she wanted to end the break, i was over the moon :D

but things just went downhill from there, we'd argue more and just bitch at eachother non-stop.....and so it ended

iv'e sunk into a very deep depression because of it, i wake up and she is the first thing on my mind, and i cant eat or work properally because of this...

whats worse is the fact it doesnt seem to be effecting her as badley :(

i just dont know what to do, it hurts like hell and it just feels like i cant escape a thought without it being of her

n e ideas???

G

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's pretty sad mate, I think you need to go out with some mates big time!

Time is the greatest healer and all, It sucks but you will get over her, perhaps you shouldn't go to places that meant something to you during your time with her just yet.

I hate to say it but maybe she's found someone else, I know you don't want to think about that but it's something you WILL have to deal with, (maybe best left to a later date), just bare in mind that life goes on and you will met someone new and fall in love again.

There's nothing really positive I can say....Sorry I'm a bundle of joy.

But if you do get back together again, do you think you will argue and bitch at each other like last time?

If so, it's for the best that you broke up, maybe the relationship came to the end of the line and you both got all you could out of it and need to move on.
    wow.ive been there and damn it sucks doesn't it? but believe me, you will get over it.i know it doesn't feel like it but like harmless says, time is a good healer.

she probably is as upset as you are. women have a theory that if they pretend everything is fine then it will be(well i know i do anyway!).if you two were together for two and a half years, then she cannot just end the relationship and not be affected by it.trust me.
    i think you need to take comfort in the idea of fate and that maybe this relationship wasn't meant to be right now. if you two are meant to be together then it will happen, but don't try to force things.

i could never be "friends" with any of my ex's for a long time after we broke up so maybe if you explain to her that you just need keep away from her for a while, to help you heal.im sure she will understand.eventually you can be friends.

i hope i've helped. b strong, you will get through it, your friends will make sure of that. good luck:)
    thanks to u both for the advice...

iv'e tried asking for some space away from her, which she was fine with, but for me its a living hell being away from her, so i couldnt do it 4 more then a day

iv'e been out with friends which was a big help, but it seemed no matter where i go theres something to remind me of her or the times we had, the worse is seeing couples 2gether...just wanna kill em lol

well i think that womans theory is being put into good use, she going with some m8s to a new years eve party *piss up*, *one of which see seems to be getting on VERY well withm even though she stresses on to me that she doesnt feel that way about him*, and shes going to meet some guy she met of the net in the new year, he's 20 summin and shes 17, which just makes me worried 4 her saftey...:p

its just the fact that im stuck in my own private hell, when she seems to be living a normal life, a friend of mine whos been through this told me that during a break up with a loved one, its only one person who gets hurt, cause the other doesnt feel the same way...i know this is true cause she told me that at the end of the realationship she didnt love me anymore

i just dont know what to do anymore...pshh

thanks for trying anyways
    Er, Okay I been drinking and may regret this but er...... She is going to shag other people pretty soon mate.

I would say go get some action yourself, I know it's not on your mind but just try getting her out of your head. Drink, smoke, fuck or write!

Whatever does it for you, The key is something new that you haven't done with her, and wont make you think about her

Try getting with some new pussy, Try it once, if it don't work you know you need longer and can grieve over the relationship break up some more.

*How old are you?*

I think if she's only 17, it wasn't going to last anyway that much longer (Just my opinion) think yourself lucky and try looking for new birds.

Good luck
    hmm well that was a tad hurtfull :p...

i dunno, im not really one of these people who can just go and fuck someone 4 the hell of it..

i think id be happier single 4 the time being anyways :)
    Originally posted by neko
    hmm well that was a tad hurtfull :p...

i dunno, im not really one of these people who can just go and fuck someone 4 the hell of it..

Good for you mate, I use to think like that........Then i got suck in singleton vil with no ride out there!

Good, it was awful in there. Single life has it's good and bad points.

Sure you will figure out what's best for you.

:D
    Originally posted by neko

Thats the best thing to do. Any other girl your with now will fuck up trust. You need to sort your head and your feelings out first.
    Originally posted by Harmless
    I think if she's only 17, it wasn't going to last anyway that much longer (Just my opinion)

So if im younger than 17...what does that mean?:impissed:
    Originally posted by LacyMay

So if im younger than 17...what does that mean?:impissed:

Oh dear, er look at the time baby, I was drunk and I knew not what i was saying.:o

*Puppy dog eyes*:crazyeyes
    Originally posted by Harmless

*Puppy dog eyes*:crazyeyes

They are some darn scary puppy dog eyes :eek2:
    Sounds spookily similar to something I went through but amazingly in a week a girl asked me out and I never looked back cos shes fantastic and made me realise I was far happier now than I had ever been!