Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hangover Cures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As its still the festive season and New Years approaching lets have some of your tricks to prevent bad hangover, or something that stops you getting drunk as quick :D

Mine :

Before you go out have a decent meal.
Have a pint of milk, to line your stomach.

When you have finished drinking, drink plenty of water, a pint if you can manage, it stops you dehydrating.

Anymore you can think of, put them here. Some people could be thankful for your tips :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *yay* likee the sound of this threadd :D
    Take an aspirin (one) every morning, good for u anyway
    Eat well
    Drink plenty of water

all important, get plenty of sleep, i know obvious
    get pissed as soon as possible.
    Get rushed to hospital and have your stomach pumped ??

That's not a nice feeling, even if I was fucked out of my brains at the time :eek:

Drink plenty of water, and eat loads of tangerines :)
    Well whenn iwas very drunk last year i got homee and my sister was making me drink loads of waterr but it made me just throw it all backk up againn :(
    I drink water before bed if I remember.

I usually wake up around 5am feeling rough so at that point I take an alka seltzer and go back to bed. I usually sleep it off and wake later feeling fine again.

When I was younger I couldn't do anything to make myself better, I would normally spend an entire day lying down with a bucket next to me, puking constantly.
    A pint of Guiness to start is normally good to line the old stomach and prepare it for the alcoholic onslaught ... :D

Follow that with a pint of water before you go to bed and that should help the pain ..... or at least it does for me ....

And for the proper morning after remedy if you are feeling a little fragile and you happen to have a Subway sandwich store near you pickup a meatball sandwich with cheese, black pepper and a heavy dose of tabasco sauce ... that'll sort you right out :D
    Sex. I only say that cos once or maybe twice when I had sex with my ex when I had this huge hangover I just threw up, fell asleep and woke up feeling fine.
    He probably wasn't happy about the running off to throw up or falling asleep bits. Meh, least i didn't throw up on him. *shrugs*
    I always swear by bacon and egg on toast, huge mug of sweet tea some ibroprofen and more sleep.
    Re: Hangover Cures
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Before you go out have a decent meal.
    Have a pint of milk, to line your stomach.

Neither actually have an effect, I was told so by the licencing advisor woman for North Ayrshire.

Oh and milk curdles on contact with alcohol - that's why you feel iller after Tia-Maria and milk or the like.

:)
    As its still the festive season and New Years approaching lets have some of your tricks to prevent bad hangover, or something that stops you getting drunk as quick

get high instead of drinking.
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera

get high instead of drinking.

Or neither. :p
    Or neither.

Alcohol is more evil than drugs. Except hard drugs. *nods* indeed :yes:
    I just drink a load of water before I go to bed and take ibuprofen or alka seltzer in the morning as soon as I wake up. Sometimes, if I can be arsed, I eat a spoonful of honey before I go to bed with the water, as it replaces blood sugar levels and reduces the headache from dehydration in the morning.
    Drink water before you sleep. Not as much as you can but at least a pint. If you drink loads you'll bring it back up - and cos you drunk loads of water there'll be more of it. Eugh :eek:

Also wine gums and a can of Coke in the morning usually help :)
    Drinking a pint of water before you pass out is probably the best one.. but Im usually to drunk to remember!

Taking some Anadin and going back to bed to sleep it off is good but if you got to go to nasty work I advise forcing yourself to eat something greasy. and drinking loads of Irn Bru.

Drinking Irn Bru has never actually worked for me, it just makes me burp rather loudy, which amuses me and my workmates so takes my mind off the pain Im suffering! :D