Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Say Opposites Attract....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just wanted your opinion...

Do opposites attract?

Personally, I'm confused... coz my parents are complete opposites... and really shouldn't be together, and they are so different and can't agree on anything... and rarely stop arguing.
But I have found someone who is practically the male version of myself... there's not a lot that we disagree on, and when we do, we just have a laugh about it.
:confused:
My mum has always told me to find someone that i can really relate to ... so, do opposites attract for the right reasons?

SweetLeaf X

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think it all depends on the people. alot of the times opposites attract because they are so different and its a totally new experience. there are always new things to discuss and do. but when the differences get to arguing, i don't know about that...
    I guess it depends on the people involved. Me & my boyf are scarily similar so I guess it's not always true!
    Originally posted by Faith
    I guess it depends on the people involved. Me & my boyf are scarily similar so I guess it's not always true!

Same here, me and my g/f are very similar in personalities. Same sense of humour,same interests,however we're both very stubborn so that sometimes doesn't help!:)
    I used to have a certain "type" of bloke I'd go for, but just lately I've been going for blokes who I'd never have gone for a year or so ago. I think it has something to do with the fact that I've had a really shit year and it's taught me a lot of things about myself and love :) I'm not longer bothered about not being in a relationship, my main priority is me right now but having said that, it would be nice to have someone to love me!
    I used to go for a certain type but my current bfriend is so unlike me at all. I normally went for quiet intellegent gothy guys but this one is loud although he's still smart and possibly has the most ridiculous haircut ever!
    Opposites can attract, but then so can people who are similar. I think it is a lot to do with the type of person you find attractive. Myself and my boyfriend aren't really alike, our opinions on what is important in life vary vastly, but we have a similar taste in music, and enjoy doing some of the same things.

It depends what you're looking for.