Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Great Stuff For Ya

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi peeps,

Me and my bro are doing a net radio show (MGM Radio), all kinds of tunes and genres, so come and have a listen to see what you think.

I just setup a basic webpage to hold the link to tune in, go over to www.mightygoodmusic.tk and click tune in!

Thanks peeps, HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DJ Pete B
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothings happening :confused:
    you will need to have either real player or winamp to listen, all details are on the site... I can assure you we are broadcasting right now!!!

dj pete b
    I have winamp 2.71... Nothings happening
    sorry, slight technical problem before.... everything working now..

Any requests anyone hase can be puy throught ICQ on 163810220
    Hmmm...still problems getting it up & running, we'll try again next friday at about 7pm. We would appreciate anybody tuning in and giving us feedback about the sound quality etc, on the icq number quoted above. Cheers;)
    Your trying to use SHOUTcast to stream this music aren't you? Are you sure you've got the bandwidth from your ISP, especially if you trying to stream at over 128kb/s...

Most ISPs I know wouldn't support the bandwidth for an internet radio station and thats what I think the problem is here, hense why no-one but yourselfs can listen... You are on an ADSL line right?

Also had a look at your domain, hosted free on TK is it? And your Voodoo website is missing most of the images and is covered with banner advertisements...
    I'm actually transmitting from cable broadband at 600kbs but its been the devil trying to set the damn thing up....cant even be seen on the shoutcast web page due to nak errors and damned indians or something.......any help you can give us on this would be much appreciated and we may even play a song for you !!!!:)
    just to add...actually only transmitting at the lowest setting which is 28k mono or something (you can prob tell i'm not very tech minded)....website is pete b's responsibility so talk to him.....i've been trying for weeks but he doesn't listen
    Well if you want some help, firstly, like I said before your 'Voodoo' page has many broken links and images.. and banner advertisements.. not much cop especially if your wanting to advertise what looks to me like an event, online advertisement is a key thing for all dance parties these days and gives a reflective image of just what your event is about even before people turn up to it, also what other dance orientated websites are you with?

For example, our event also advertises on the 3 largest NZ dance websites (Biggie / NZRave and Twisted) we feature in all the event listings:

http://biggie.co.nz/events_detail.php?event=2248
    http://www.twisted.co.nz/events/view.php?id=576

and have photo sections of previous events:

http://www.twisted.co.nz/gallery/viewalbum.php?albid=154

On your SHOUTcast side, correct me if I'm wrong but you broadcast from home to your ISP who then provides the bandwidth to broadcast out to the world and from the look of it I don't think you will be allocated that kind of space. If your trying to run a home server you need a static IP address which you'd need to give out and would need a secure server...

and we may even play a song for you !!!!

heh :p
    Originally posted by dsico wilky
    just to add...actually only transmitting at the lowest setting which is 28k mono or something (you can prob tell i'm not very tech minded)....

Anything below about 96k isn't really worth listening to IMO, it becomes too grainy, if your wanting to build up a good following you need to broadcast about 96k on Low band and at least 128k (pref 160k) high band....
    Well, I understood about half of that, but thanks for your help anyways Justin............back to the drawing board then eh?