Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pill and pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya sorry to sound stupid but if you're on the pill do you still have time of the month if you're preggers? Cos I thought you did but I'm probably being extremely dumb.

Comments

• Options
    > If you are unknowingly pregnant, can taking birth control pills cause you to bleed or come on your period?

Yes, you can still get your period on the pill when pregnant. Though, it is likely you'll skip a period. But bleeding can occur

Found this, hope it helps.

:)

Edited cause i missed the answer out! Doh
  • Options

It says you're likely to miss one which I didn't so well maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.
  • Options
    What makes you think you are pregnant?
  • Options
    Well paranoia really.

It's just that I took the pill over 12 hours late afew weeks back and didn't realise until about 10 mins after doing it unprotected. Then I found out your meant to use protection for a week after taking it 12 hours late which again I didn't do. Then when I did have time of the month it lasted about 2 days if that and normally it's about 5 days. Since then I've been having odd food cravings, been hungry all the time and feel run down and tired. I hope I'm just being paranoid!
  • Options
    Why don't you get yourself a test, just to put your mind at rest?!
  • Options
    I did a test about a month ago but this was only about two days after it happend and so it might not have been a long enough wait. It came up negative but I think I should have waited afew more days to have done it.
  • Options
    do a test angelbabe, and if possible get a clearblue test as they are the most reliable. id be worried if i had those symptoms, so do a test to put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    Ok thanks I will do, I will get one when adam's down in afew days so we can do it together.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    Ok thanks I will do, I will get one when adam's down in afew days so we can do it together.
    Hope it all works out well for ya :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    Hope it all works out well for ya :)

Thanks hun will keep you posted! :)
  • Options
    i was on pill for yrs got preggers on various pills unfortunatley.I know a good few friends who where on pill got pregnant had periods throu ought.I will say few time ive been pregnant even thought i know i was pregnant i had at least two pregnancy tests that where negative some times 4 until i found out i was scientifically pregnant.i knew i was pregnant but test said negative.luckily i had a fab doctor in the end after some very dodgey miscarraiges & a doctor prescribing me some right shite.in the end i learnt after a very bad miscarraige which my old family doc giving me morning after pill & some other drugs to clear my so called neurotic female attitude that the best ppl where to see after a month of bleeding n serious health issues where the family planning.all in my naive teens i might add which did lead to a good very explantory doc which helped reasure my faith in docs.im very thankful to my best oldest m8!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tammi
    i was on pill for yrs got preggers on various pills unfortunatley.I know a good few friends who where on pill got pregnant had periods throu ought.I will say few time ive been pregnant even thought i know i was pregnant i had at least two pregnancy tests that where negative some times 4 until i found out i was scientifically pregnant.i knew i was pregnant but test said negative.luckily i had a fab doctor in the end after some very dodgey miscarraiges & a doctor prescribing me some right shite.in the end i learnt after a very bad miscarraige which my old family doc giving me morning after pill & some other drugs to clear my so called neurotic female attitude that the best ppl where to see after a month of bleeding n serious health issues where the family planning.all in my naive teens i might add which did lead to a good very explantory doc which helped reasure my faith in docs.im very thankful to my best oldest m8!

Ok so maybe I'm worried now!

My sister got pregnant on the pill and didn't realise and miscarried as a result!

I better find out!
  • Options
    yea, you better get tested. i hope its all ok for you hunny.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    yea, you better get tested. i hope its all ok for you hunny.

Thanks hun I'm definately getting tested, worried though!