Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Disciplinary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Approximatly one year ago my resturant was featured on resturants from hell for spitting in the food. I joined 6 months after the incident and apart from noticing a little sexist behaviour on the part of the management (I swear if you have tits u can do nothing AND get promoted) and the whole site makes jokes about the spitting. Its nohting serious.

However I made a joke about this spitting and now am suspended on gross misconduct. No customers heard it and the only staff that heard was my mate and the person the joke was made with. I have had a good employment record with them having worked every shift I have been asked to, staying on at an hours notice and coming in on very short notice to work.

I think its quite silly as everyone makes jokes like that in front of customers and im the one suffering when nobody else heard it.

Is there anything I can do as my disciplinary hearing is tommorow when I can either have a final warning (unlikely) or dismissed (Very Likely)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think they can give you a final warning unless you have had two previous warnings.
    Take someone with you...they cannot refuse you this, it doesn't have to be and official or a union persn. If you can get a co-worker to write you a statement with their version of events (Were there witnesses?) then all the better.
  • Options
    Too late now. Took a friend in to the hearing and I was basicaly told it didnt matter whether it was a joke or not and that I was dismissed and they didn't need to hear anyone who witnessed it because it would make no difference.

Ho hum.