Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Buying items on eBay.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i've just bid for an item on eBay for the first time ever and i was just wondering if anyone answer a question i have.

If my bid is successful, will the sellers' e-mail adress be e-mailed to me so i can contact him/her?

I'm a bit confused!

Anyway, thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello :)

If your bid is sucessful you will be sent a message with the sellers e-mail address so you can contact them about payment, address and so on. The seller will also be sent a message with your e-mail address so they can contact you. Most of the time you must reply within 3 days of winning the auction.

Good Luck ;)
    How did you get on ? Did it go smoothly?

eBay is great in my experience.
    Originally posted by eddr
    How did you get on ? Did it go smoothly?

eBay is great in my experience.

I got on great. I won the bid and recieved my item about 5 days after i posted the cheque.

I'll be using eBay in the future me thinks. :D
    Do you post the cheque directly to the seller or do you go through ebay? :confused:
    Originally posted by Maypoo
    Do you post the cheque directly to the seller or do you go through ebay? :confused:

The cheque is sent directly to the seller, otherwise ebay wouldn't be able to cope (so many auctions). Other methods are online payments like paypal and nochex - instant.
    nochex is cool, i wish more people had it.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    nochex is cool, i wish more people had it.

Yeah NoChex is great.

I sell a lot on auctions and more and more people are now using NoChex... it's so much easier than waiting for cheques in the post, paying them in, waiting to clear, etc.

Paypal is good, but their charges let them down in my opinion. The only time I use Paypal is for credit card payments.
    Originally posted by Infernoid

Yeah NoChex is great.

I sell a lot on auctions and more and more people are now using NoChex... it's so much easier than waiting for cheques in the post, paying them in, waiting to clear, etc.

Paypal is good, but their charges let them down in my opinion. The only time I use Paypal is for credit card payments.

Aye similar, only use paypal for the likes of ordering fae america on ebay.