Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TWO Cannabis Cafes in Camden raided!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This popped-up on the This Is London site:
Police swoop on "cannabis cafes"
Police raided two self-styled "cannabis cafes" today as part of an ongoing effort to stamp out drug dealing in Camden.
Four arrests were made after the raids on the cafes in Camden, and police conducted detailed searches of both basement premises, which are just metres apart.
About 25 police were involved in the operation, assisted by a police drugs dog.
At one of the cafes, known as "Amsterdam of London", a small amount of cannabis and 2 cannabis grinders were found, police said.
Two men were arrested at the "Amsterdam" cafe for possession with intent to supply cannabis and a woman was arrested for possession with intent to supply a class B drug.
At the second cafe, Ian's Hemp Bar, a man was arrested for possession of a pointed or bladed article and possession of cannabis.
DS Bob Boggon of Camden Intelligence Unit said it the latest phase of an operation to rid the streets around Camden of drug dealers and users.
"We intend to send out a clear message to anyone involved in the illegal drugs market that the borough of Camden will not tolerate your activities."

17:05 Wednesday 18th December 2002

:(

Comments

• Options
    Noooooo !!!!!

I like that place too, and the people who work there were really cool too !

(especially the one with the long dark hair, who works behind the counter) grrrr !
  • Options
    :(:(:(:(:( oh no. amsterdam of london is great! i bought my mushroom grow kit there... they were really helpful. although their "cannabis tea" doesnt contain any thc and their mushroom tea doesnt contain any psilocybin but appart from that, they are great! its a shame.