Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

X-rays and tampons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is just a random question because I am curious, not that I need to have an x-ray taken or anything.

If a woman has an x-ray taken whilst wearing a tampon, would the tampon show up on the x-ray? I mean if the x-ray was of her pelvis region etc.

I've wondered this for years... does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    Re: X-rays and tampons
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    This is just a random question because I am curious, not that I need to have an x-ray taken or anything.

If a woman has an x-ray taken whilst wearing a tampon, would the tampon show up on the x-ray? I mean if the x-ray was of her pelvis region etc.

I've wondered this for years... does anyone know?

I doubt it's solid enough.
  • Options
    no it doesnt my mate had the x ray and she said you didnt see it! because i also always wondered so she told me after she had it done! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by babes r us
    no it doesnt my mate had the x ray and she said you didnt see it! because i also always wondered so she told me after she had it done! :)
    Well thanks for that... it was just one of those little annoying questions that kept poping up in my head but I didn't know who on Earth to ask!