Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why am i doing this to myself?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya.
ok theres nothing in my life upsetting me really, and i have no reason to be down coz i have mates and a bf etc.
but just recently if found it fun to cut my arm! ive tried stoping it and i can do wen i want to, but il find myself getting bored, nothing to do so i find something and cut my arm, they arent very deep ones, well normally they arent.! Like in a maths lesson the other day in school i got bored n so i got a staple opened it up and started scraping in to my arm! :confused:
im not sure wetha u lot will be able to say anyhting on this, but dont say go see a doc or sumthing like that cz theres nothing up wiv me mentally atall.
Thanx for any replies.
s_m_b

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a whole big thread on self-harm on this forum page right now. It contains resources, advice, and personal opinions and experiences.

Have a look through it and add to it if you like.
    http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33791
    Re: Why am i doing this to myself?
    Originally posted by sexy_manchester_babe
    hiya.
    just recently if found it fun to cut my arm! ive tried stoping it and i can do wen i want to, but il find myself getting bored, nothing to do so i find something and cut my arm, they arent very deep ones, well normally they arent.! Like in a maths lesson the other day in school i got bored n so i got a staple opened it up and started scraping in to my arm! :confused:
    im not sure wetha u lot will be able to say anyhting on this, but dont say go see a doc or sumthing like that cz theres nothing up wiv me mentally atall.
    Thanx for any replies.
    s_m_b

Well what was the point in posting then? :eek2:

You'll learn that self harm isn't 'fun' when you have big ugly scars all over your arms and cant wear short sleaved tops in case someone notices them. :rolleyes:
    My advice: STOP DOING IT, IT'S NOT BIG AND IT'S NOT CLEVER.
    Re: Why am i doing this to myself?
    Originally posted by sexy_manchester_babe
    hiya.
    ok theres nothing in my life upsetting me really, and i have no reason to be down coz i have mates and a bf etc.
    but just recently if found it fun to cut my arm! ive tried stoping it and i can do wen i want to, but il find myself getting bored, nothing to do so i find something and cut my arm, they arent very deep ones, well normally they arent.! Like in a maths lesson the other day in school i got bored n so i got a staple opened it up and started scraping in to my arm! :confused:
    Thanx for any replies.
    s_m_b

hiya
    i understand what you are going through. you should go and see a doctor asap, BUT i know how hard that can be, so dont worry you arent alone. there must be something on your mind, subconciously, even if you dont realise it. Try something less harmful like punching a cushion or something, but dont worry.
    i hope this helps. try talking to some close mates, or your boyfriend.
    tina
    Seek help to stop as soon as possible. The longer you self-harm the harder it is to stop.

*wishes she had stopped a long time ago*
    Re: Re: Re: Why am i doing this to myself?
    Originally posted by J

I suspect that she is not doing it to be Big and clever. Just a passing thought. ;)

*goes back to his rambling to himself*
    *agrees with J*
    i used to do that. at one time i used to stab my hand with a pencil to show ogg i guess - cant see any ral reason to it. nowadays i still bend my fingers back....

people don't really like it though - i mean when i see other people doing it i think its so stupid and if i think that someone close to me would do it id be so upset...

just food for thought there.....
    It's a 2 month old post anway....
This discussion has been closed.