Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nightmares

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been able to remember my dreams. Only the nightmares. Fortunately I've never had many of those.

Though this has changed. Since this past April, I have nightmares quite often (not every night, but comparing to before it is quite common).
It's usually the same thing happening but under different circumstances.

I do know that these dreams refer to some circumstances and an actual fear of mine. But I can't do anything about the fear or the events.

Is there a way to get rid of such dreams?

Comments

• Options
    Hiya, would you mind telling us what your fear is, or what happens in your nightmare so we know exactly what the problem is and what can be done about it?
  • Options
    Being Synaesthetic, I am very scared of the dark. Even though I am 24, I normally can't spend a whole night in bed with the light turned off. I'll start a night fine, with the street lamps outside being the only source of light, then I'll wake up from a weird dream at 2am which prompts me to turn on the light. I get back to sleep straight away.

I don't know what your fear is, but last paragraph was my own example on how I deal with one of my own fears. I get nightmares once a year, and they usually reflect that fear.
  • Options
    Basically, I dream of bombs going of near me. Different places, and occasions.

In real life I can't do anything about it, as I have absolutely no control over such a thing.
    Just searching for a way to make the dreams go away.
  • Options
    I've heard that dreams or night maresare to filter your mind of the "rubbish" and/or just random thoughts whilst asleep. But in your case it's most definately to filter this fear you have, perhaps your subconscious self is trying to confront these fears?thus at the same time leaving the awakening you abit shaken. Have you ever discussed your gear properly with anyone?this could be a step towards eradicating these dreams.
    all the best
    xxx