Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eye blob

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i was just trying to get to sleep, then i felt something in my eye. i went to the mirror and my eye was all red, and there was this blob hanging from my eye lid :confused:
After 10 minutes of trying i finally got rid of it, but i want to know why it come there. Ive been run down recently (had a cold for about a week, and had head aches over the last 2 days). could this be a reason for the blob? :crazyeyes:
help :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Re: eye blob
    Originally posted by blabo
    hi, i was just trying to get to sleep, then i felt something in my eye. i went to the mirror and my eye was all red, and there was this blob hanging from my eye lid :confused:
    After 10 minutes of trying i finally got rid of it, but i want to know why it come there. Ive been run down recently (had a cold for about a week, and had head aches over the last 2 days). could this be a reason for the blob? :crazyeyes:
    help :confused:

We do need a little more info about this blob - what colour was it?
    how big? what did it feel like - as the only thing i can thnk of is that you woke up there was a small piece of 'sleep' in it or dry discharge and you could have conjunctivitis i would go and see your doc - as if it is anything to worrry about he will sort it if not then least you know! :)
  • Options
    it was a white blob and it looked like sleep, it was soft and wet, but it was like hanging from my eyelid (as if from a piece of string, of blob material lol), when i closed my eye it would go up then down. Thing was i wasn't asleep, i was just trying to get to sleep so i dont think it was 'sleep'. It was very uncomfortable and hard to get rid of:|. Oh well its gone and no more blobs have attacked, so i guess ill just forget about it until next time :)
  • Options
    it was probably just eye gunk. i get that sometimes, it's harmless. don't worry bout it.