Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how to be the bouncers best friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey,.

when i go clubbing, i usually go with my friend who is a dj, and he visits various venues to do gigs and i can get in automatically with him even tho i look about 15. i do have id, which says i'm 19 (made a mistake, supposed to say 18) and this friday will be the first time in ages that i will be going to a venue with friends.

i have seen many times where kids a literally gone up to the bouncers, and within minutes they could be havin a laff and get in because the bouncer just "feels like it".

What's your tricks/tips? SHould I just take my headphones with me again and a cd case lol, might look a bit weird going in with about 20 other people though..."yey, there are guests, honest".

Chars...scoot
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It's common sense really!

Bassically just try to be friendly, respect what they say no matter how twatish they are to you, and chat to 'em like you would anyone else.

+ don't lick they're arse, they'll think you're a nob! :D

I've met some really sound bouncers in the past but then there are those on some sort of power trip. I remember coming out a club called Enzo's once and my car wouldn't start cos my dizzy had got soaked on the way up. I went to ask for a torch, and the head bouncer matey come over and tried to help me dry the dizzy out in the pitch black. Didn't work but the point was he spent about half an hour trying. Pretty sound if you ask me!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm alright when I go out cos I know a couple of the bouncers after talking to them when I was completely trashed once...if it's a bouncer that I don't know, I always walk up to them with a grin and say hello...simple as that...just act naturally, else they can tell that you're nervous about something!! ;)
    A few years ago we were out in Preston, the bouncers wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a tie on.

1 of my mates was driving and said I should wrap his jump leads around my neck.

They let me in but told me not to "start" anything....
    lmao, bit odd.
    Sorry, the vast majority of bouncers are nobs who were probably bullied at school and take steriods to get big. These steriods then make you think that your invincible and that you can hit who you want and sleep with anyone.
    Bouncers look out for each other and if one dont like you then they all dont, if this happens then consider moving out of town.
    Finally, if you get involved with a bouncer sexually then you have just made the biggest mistake of your life, you'll have to live a life of being battered and accept the fact that it is his duty to shag as many girls as he wants. if you dont like it then you can leave but be warned that you wont be able to meet anyone else as he'll hit the new bloke as he thinks that its his right to own you....

I know many girls in this position......getting back to the question then just say hello and walk in, if you get in then fine if not then dont answer back
    The other night I was out with some friends and I wanted to go into this bar that was over 21s only, I am only 19 and actually look about 17, so I was crapping myself a bit. It was nearly last orders to I walked up to the bouncers, smiled sweetly and said 'Hello, this may sound like a stupid question, but are you still open? My mates over there are too scared to ask because they don't want to look stupid.' and he was really nice and opened the door for me and told me what a bunch of wankers my mates must be!!

You just have to be nice to them!
    I'm good mates with a bouncer at one of the least crappy clubs where i live, It was sort of by default really, i was in the waiting room in the tattoo studio and he was there waiting too!we got chatting because he said he recognised me from the club he "bounces" (lol) at, well i am there every week..quite sad really.
    So just be nice to the bouncers, they're your friends really....lol
    This is also easier if you happen to be a female. Imagine. ;) One more thing to add to the long list.
    easy really :)

just get into club promoting/djing, and you'll soon be walking straight into wherever you want for free (+ without searches ;P)