Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hoovering Tuna

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Recently I have had this temptation to just pull a tin of tuna out the cupboard, mix it with a bit of low fat mayo and hoover it down...my mom said thats a good thing, with lettuce to. Is she right? I don't want to turn into a fish or owt! I am also gona do some weight training, especially until the pectorals start to look a bit more women-freindly :naughty: ....is tuna gone help?

Tah for any advice.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your mother is right. To build muscle you need to have lots of low-fat protein. One tin of tuna is about 37 grams against only a few grams of fat, which is about a third to a quarter of what I would recommend per day if you are trying to build muscle. Some people advocate a gram of protein per day for every pound of body weight but I think that is overkill.

"White tuna" or albacore is the best, with less fat, and I think it tastes better than "light" tuna too.
    I don't think you'll be turning into a fish by eating tuna just yet! That sounds quite healthy, compared to the Galaxy Caramel and Yorkie bar i had today lol :P
    O and also, i agree with what Alessandro says :D *nods mutely, obviously knows so much on this topic, but felt like posting anyway!*
    I eat 1.5grams of tuna per lb of bodyweight each day and its done me no end of good...Except for the fact that I absolutely hate tuna now...and having plain chicken breasts on their own gets a little boring after a while...

Tuna is your friend...It will only help if you are dedicated to the weights tho.