Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

12 year old pregnant

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As I Muslim it is only normal

I give my (Islamic) perspective?

Cladestine: for fornication the maximum punishment is 100 lashes (not stoning) and 4 eyewitnesses to the act of penetration are required. How often do you fornicate in front of 4 people?

The other thing is these are for MUSLIMS, right? Who should know that sex should be within marriage.

For an atheist who doesn't require marriage in order to have sex - so is fornicating every time...- so the punishment may appear to be "tough".

24:2 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by God, if ye believe in God and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

24:3 Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

24:4 And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;-

24:5 Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for God is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

BTW, there are many rules regarding the administration of flogging. It is not just a savage beating inflicted capriciously according to the whims of brutal guards. It has to be done with control, in accord with justice and in the kindest possible way in the circumstances following a long list of stipulations such as deferment when someone is sick, not to touch face, head or private parts, women to be fully clothed and allowed to sit, not done in extreme heat or cold, etc.
  • Options
    Did I miss a point here?

so the 12 yr old girl was Islamic?

No I didnt think so, so why the hell has this been brought into it.
    Gawd now I know why I dont come to politics, too bloody hard to understand.
  • Options
    *remembers a time when sex, although mentioned in school was also taught in a way that made you think twice before doing it*

It seems to me that not enough education is provided in order to teach kids the emotional and physical conscequences.
  • Options
    Is sex ed any different to 8/9 years ago?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I think now they do infact teach it an ealier age. I know my girlfriends brother did the basic baby/body parts thing in year 4 5 and 6 and now he is in secondary school they are doing the condom on the test tube thing, with talks from nurses/health visitors etc. Where as all i heard was playground gossip until i was about 11..
    But the subject is always embaressing isn't it. I doubt to many teachers would feel comfortable adressing a class of year nines about their sex lifes?
  • Options
    On our local BBC news not so long back, a School in Newcastle had a team of about eight 6th formers who had been shown how to do sex education with 1st year students. They were basically given all the information they needed and then as a kind of side line helped the teachers with lessons. Sometimes they taught the class without the help of teachers. The 1st years all thought it was much better, and less embarrasing for a 6th former to be helping them.

Maybe bringing that into all schools could help?
  • Options
    Don't bring religion into this, it has nothing to do with it. Plenty of so called 'religious' people are still sexually active, and religion doesn't make someone a good person. Enforced abortions, etc. And don't even mention Islam to me, which seems to me to be one rule for the men and one for the women.

Sorry to refer back to this topic, but had to respond to Aisha.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    On our local BBC news not so long back, a School in Newcastle had a team of about eight 6th formers who had been shown how to do sex education with 1st year students. They were basically given all the information they needed and then as a kind of side line helped the teachers with lessons. Sometimes they taught the class without the help of teachers. The 1st years all thought it was much better, and less embarrasing for a 6th former to be helping them.

Maybe bringing that into all schools could help?

Yeah that would help. I remember back when I was being taught sex ed it was very much a "hang on we have a 50 year old stood in front of us talking about a subjet she is embarased to talk about". No ones going to learn anything when the teachers aren't prepared to talk openly about it. Younger people are more open to tlaking about sex and i think it would work better.

Also it was always split into males and females, that doesn't help. Both sides need to hear together. You learn more and understand more about whats going on that way. Although get a group of 11 year olds around and things do go a bit silly.

Also...why were we taught at 11 how to make babies and told nothing about contraception until we were 16....doens't that seem the wrong way round to anyone?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I dont know but we had sex ed at school. in 3rd year juniors (I think that would be year 5 now) I reckon thats about 17 years ago. have things changed now? do they not teach it till later?
  • Options
    We were taught sex ed in year 7 (aged 11 and 12), by a 60+ year old Miss. We handed forward pieces of paper with questions on, so we didn't have to be embarrassed.

It was a joke. We all thought it was hysterical and sent up ridiculous questions as it was anonymous. The teacher got really pissed off and kept saying "I am an unmarried woman and can't answer that"..ffs at least have someone who has had sex to teach about it!

Then at 15, we got a bit about condoms.

In my opinion that is not what is needed. Everyone knows about condoms anyway.

People need to learn about self esteem and saying no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

People need to learn about self esteem and saying no.

Agreed....there's nothing done on that side. It's almost encouraged that you don't say no, or at least was with the way we were taught.