Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is there no sanity in football anymore....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Aberdeen have announced a press conference at noon, where it is expected boss Ebbe Skovdahl will be sacked.

This makes me so fecking angry :mad: He's the best boss we've had since Alex Ferguson, he's brought through the best youngsters in Scotland, the fans LOVE him (we chant his name at games until he waves) and he's being treated like this.

Admittedly, we haven't done that well this season, but he's improved the team gradually over the last few years and I'm so fecking annoyed.

I hate the board, and I'm venting my anger at the Dundee United game tomorrow, as I'd assume will most fans :mad:

Is there no loyalty left in football anymore ?? Next thing you know Alex Ferguson will get sacked :mad:

Edited to add :- He's actually "standing down at the end of the season", but I still blame the board. And the fecking West Coast media :mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Irony is that Boards complain about the lack of loyalty, and yet show none.

The only people who really care about clubs is the fans
  • Options
    Re: Is there no sanity in football anymore....
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    Edited to add :- He's actually "standing down at the end of the season"

If thats the case and your not having the best of seasons then surely its the sensible move, get new blood in as soon as possible and progress from there ?
  • Options
    Re: Is there no sanity in football anymore....
    Next thing you know Alex Ferguson will get sacked :mad:

Well they haven't won anything for a while and this season has hardly gone to plan so far :p :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Is there no sanity in football anymore....
    Originally posted by ebb

If thats the case and your not having the best of seasons then surely its the sensible move, get new blood in as soon as possible and progress from there ?

Yeah, but he's such a great motivator. I doubt anyone could do a better job with the resources we've got. Interesting to see who the successor will be.

Shame Man United are on the up, otherwise there might have been an emotional return for Mr Ferguson......
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Is there no sanity in football anymore....

Yeah, but he's such a great motivator. I doubt anyone could do a better job with the resources we've got.

You never know, thats the beauty of football :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there no sanity in football anymore....
    Originally posted by ebb

You never know, thats the beauty of football :)

Yeah fair point.

Just so long as Mr Jess doesn't suddenly become player manager, I'm open to offers :D