Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sad mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a pity. I thought I had some mates. But obviously not. Because, after some good times going out drinking, my sad mate calls me up and tells me to fuck off. Why am I incapable of finding real friends?? :mad:

If anybody's got the same problem, I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They aint worth it.
    Re: Sad mates
    Originally posted by will haycock
    What a pity. I thought I had some mates. But obviously not. Because, after some good times going out drinking, my sad mate calls me up and tells me to fuck off. Why am I incapable of finding real friends?? :mad:

If anybody's got the same problem, I'd like to hear your opinion on it.

Half of my mates are like that. But as Brian said they aren't worth worrying about.

I just keep them around so if I'm desparate to find someone to go out with I can.

Most of my good mates are people i've met recently a long with my sister-in-law who's probably my best friend.

But my old group I woulnd't trust the majority of them as far as I could throw them. they won't be there for me if I need them and if something isn't convenient for them they won't do it. I found this out whenI split up with my fiance 4 months ago, great time to really realise, but hey ho.

It's meant that I've found a couple of great mates since whom I can trust with everything, know they won't judge me and will always put themselves out forme if I need it, as Iwill for them. i've also found a few mates who although I wouldn't trust them with everything I know they'll always be there for me. I'm much happier with my small group of close friends now rather than the whole load of shit friends I used to have.

trust me, you'll find decent mates in time. As youg et older it gets easier as others grow up and so on. Just don't get depressed over it. :)
    I definately agree, its much better to have a smaller group of friends who you can count on rather than a large group who dont really seem to care.
    Did they actually call you up and say fuck off or is there something more too it ?
    Originally posted by eddr
    Did they actually call you up and say fuck off or is there something more too it ?

Basically, I'd go out drinking with this guy called Luke, and I wanted to know what he was doing Friday night, so I called him. his mobile was answered by someone else. I asked for Luke, and the other person said something like 'He's not here at the moment'. The next day I get a message on my answerphone saying something like 'Hey moley-boy (daft nickname that Luke invented for me), how're you doing? (mockingly), fuck off, FUCK OFF' I sent Luke a text message saying 'You better explain what the hell's going on, because I can pick and choose my friends, and if you're going to send me abusive messages, you're out of it, son' He evidently hasn't got the balls to reply, but apparently he recieved it, and said my text message was a 'random message'. The thing is, only he and a few others (who I get on with) call me by that nickname. And it seemed like that answerphone message was done by him + a few others who I don't know. And even if the message wasn't sent by him, what the hell's he doing lending his mobile to other people??

I suspect he's found a new group of friends and decided to give me the boot in a completely pathetic, childish way. My plan's to do without him (if he's going to be a twat or at least hang out with twattish people he doesn't count anyway) but if I see him in person again I'm going to have a word with him.

Don't know whether I'm being over-sensitive or whether I just seem to make crap mates, but at the very best, he's hanging out with a bunch of complete arseholes. :mad:

What's your opinion on it?