Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UCAS Confirmation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How long does it normally take for UCAS to contact you to confirmt hat they have recieved your application and to give you your reference number. Im starting to panic !
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it took about a week for mine to come through and i did it early, so i guess with it being the peak of applications and all, it'll probably be a bit longer...don't panic! :-)
    Well its only been a week and a half!

I read somewhere it can take 4 weeks! :eek:

I just wanna know now. Damn UCAS!
    My UCAS card came back about a week after I sent off the application then they sent me a letter about a week after that. The offers started coming through after about a month of having sent off the UCAS form.
    Yours may be taking a while cos your school hasn't sent off the forms yet, or cos it's peak UCAS time and they're probably taking longer to distibrute them to the universities.

By the way you get an online code to track your progress online. In my experience, some offers were shown online about a week before I got the official letters through so it's worth checking regularly :)
    *Yawn*

Yeah it usually takes a couple of weeks for the UCAS confirmation letter to come through, and a tip, only the crappy universities will reply soon, places like Durham and Newcastle and so forth don't decide till about February or even later so you still got a lot of waiting..
    Well it took most of my friends 4 days for confirmation. And we live in Belgium. However, mine hasn't come through yet and it's been longer than a week. It varies. But I don't think it should be more than 2 weeks.

But yeah, it might not have been sent off yet because it has to go through the whole process of being checked first. And I know it sometimes takes the gits a while to get round to it...
    it depends. round this time of year everyone rushes to hand in their UCAS applications.... so expecto to wait 2-3 weeks. but like has been said before, if youre not applying to oxford/cambridge/durham etc, dont expect a reply from the actual unis til at least february...

i got 3 of my offers in april! by which time i was majorly stressed....

but it'll all be okay :D
    Originally posted by Jono_H

only the crappy universities will reply soon, places like Durham and Newcastle and so forth don't decide till about February or even later so you still got a lot of waiting..

Not really true...I've had offers from Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham after only a couple of weeks of getting my UCAS card back. My friends have also had offers from places like Exeter and Newcastle.
    Well it should have been sent, i handed it in ages ago to my old sixth form as im on a gap year and all that it needed was to have the reference added then it could be sent. Nothing else needed doing. If i havent heard anything soon ill check with the school, but they dont like being pestered as to whether things have been sent or not.

Oh and by the way, most of my choices were to "crappy" universities, which i think is a pretty sad thing to say. Just because you may be at a traditional red brick uni it doesnt give you the right to label other uni's as inferior
    Ok, in relation to point one, last year, in my experience with the Universities it took the good ones the longest to reply, maybe thats just because I do Law..

Secondly, in relation to maing you feel inferior about not going to a red brick university, don't worry, I didn't, and it's the best decision I've ever made. I'm at Northumbria, a former Poly, *waits for the gasps* and I can conclusively say that the law course and the people in general are much better than those stuck up people over at the red brick, just in case anyone hasn't guessed, I mean Newcastle.
    Ok, who cares?! I was telling you my experience. Maybe it was because I live up North that they chose to reply later, who knows, all I know is that I din't get my Durham and Newcastle offers till about later february and yes, I did send it in early..
    Ah, so now all people at red brick unis are "stuck up" ;)

My problem is though that i havent even recieved confirmation that ucas have recieved my form, let alone heard about offers, which i wont know until ucas send me my password for the computer system
    Older unis do tend to take longer.

When I applied Uni of Birmingham didn't reply until April and Uni of Durham not until May.

No news does tend to be good news, however.