Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

rioting after sports events

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone else get pissed off when people go crazy after a sporting event. I mean, what the heck is that about? Recently in the US after a college game, the idiots burned cars. When I get a car if some sports-jerk burned it I'd burn him.

What do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We are well ahead of you on this issue I'm afraid. We've suffered the effects of hooliganism for a few decades now.

Only last season 'fans' of Millwall FC went on the rampage because their team failed to win promotion to the Premiership. They burnt lots of cars and caused damage to other property. Never mind that they were doing this around their own ground and that most of those cars belonged to fellow Millwall fans.
    Some of the problem might be with our laws in the US. Even if someone gets caught some of penalties for the charges aren't that bad.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Some of the problem might be with our laws in the US. Even if someone gets caught some of penalties for the charges aren't that bad.

The penalites for football violence in this country are now harsh, however that hasn't neccessarily effected the amount and frequency of violence, all its done is driven the violence into city centres etc... away from the police and CCTV.