Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

self esteem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, my posting really isn't as frequent as it used to be eh?

any tips on boosting self esteem, i feel really shit about myself especially appearance wise and need to get it sorted instead of wallowing in self pity. Don't want life to pass me by. Also at university, don't want those I like to get sick of me.

Practical suggestions ie books, exercises

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Re: self esteem
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    Hi guys, my posting really isn't as frequent as it used to be eh?

any tips on boosting self esteem, i feel really shit about myself especially appearance wise and need to get it sorted instead of wallowing in self pity.

No comment.

Get your slap on, wear a short skirt, get your tits out and get pissed. Believe me it works wonders.
  • Options
    ::as above::

I'm going shopping tomorrow. I decided, i'm young, got sizy 8 figure and big boobs and I still feel crap . :(

SHOPPING tomorrow though. Knee high boots, short skirts, low tops....here i come. :cool:
  • Options
    Re: Re: self esteem
    Originally posted by *~Kitty~*

No comment.

Get your slap on, wear a short skirt, get your tits out and get pissed. Believe me it works wonders.

and the award for useless post of the year goes to....

really, all i ask for is some help and i get this

self esteem involves more than attracting guys

must go before angry feminist side comes out
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: self esteem

and the award for useless post of the year goes to....

really, all i ask for is some help and i get this

self esteem involves more than attracting guys

must go before angry feminist side comes out

And the award for the most annoying bitch goes too...

Either take the advice or shut up and ask elsewhere.
  • Options
    don't know.

but if you uncover the secret, please tell me.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: self esteem

maybe some people dont need to look like a whore to validate ourselves
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: self esteem

maybe some people dont need to look like a whore to validate ourselves

Could have fooled me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LADIES LADIES PU-LEASE take it outside. Calm down ya know!
    *though wouldnt be against kittys advice if girls i knew did it:p*
  • Options
    you dont have to go out and buy short skirts and make yourself look like a slapper. Ive been feeling shit recently and im going to get my hair done today, its the sillyest littlest thing but i know i will feel a bit better when i come out. Treat yourself to something, something you've had your eye on for a while but always put off buying. Go buy a new batch of makeup, just treat youself!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Put on some music which makes you feel good :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: self esteem

This is not what TheSite.org is all about, please stop it.

To the person who started the thread: look in the Info section in the Health factsheets. We have two articles about self esteem that may be helpful to you.
  • Options
    Okay what i originally said was meant to be sarcastic. Its not my fault she gets on my tits. But yes i agree what i said was wrong. Bah.
  • Options
    Hi leese, I completely agree with you, getting dressed up like a sad slapper and getting pissed and making a complete fool out of yourself might make you feel good about youself for like a couple of hours but the next morning you'll feel really bad.

Coming from someone who sometimes suffers from lse, you should go on a shopping trip with your girlfriends and buy some really nice flattering clothes that make you look and feel good. Not to attract men, but to make you think "I look great!" Then wear these clothes to school and you'll be a sassy student! Do you belong to any clubs? I joined Taekwon-do last year and it honest to God did wonders for my self-esteem, just knowing I could kick the butt of someone who crossed me was brilliant! J/k. Doing a martial art is excellent for gaining confidence, especially when you gain a new belt.

Why don't you go out on the town with your female friends, not to pull, but just to look great and have fun! I do that sometimes with my friends and its brilliant.

And coming from another "angry feminist" you go girl!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *smudge*
    you dont have to go out and buy short skirts and make yourself look like a slapper. Ive been feeling shit recently and im going to get my hair done today, its the sillyest littlest thing but i know i will feel a bit better when i come out. Treat yourself to something, something you've had your eye on for a while but always put off buying. Go buy a new batch of makeup, just treat youself!!!!! :D

lol even that doesnt make me feel better coz ya have to spend an hour looking at yourself in the mirror :D lol
  • Options
    errr this is a simple trick and it dont work permenently but just think of 3 things that you are really good at. simple.
    ie:
    im good at:
    Maths
    Science
    English

they dont have to be about school i could be anything ie: good listener but i was just a bit bored and those three came to my head the fastest. you can even go on and do loads more. just makes you feel better about urself in the long run. anyway it works for me but perhaps because im a guy im not so deep and therefore i dont need as much to cheer me up.....

*runs after dog who stole ham leg :mad: *