Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What makes a bloke call?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From a male perspective, if a girl gave me her number, I wouldn't text/phone her for at least two days. And that's if I really fancied her. Chances are if I didn't fancy that much her I'd forget all about it.

If I liked a girl, I'd make the effort. I'm guessing most blokes are like that. Unless they find someone better. Sad but true.

Sorry, that wasn't much help :(
    oh well. I don't think it's possible that he found someone better than me so he must have just lost my number, naturally. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    he must have just lost my number, naturally

That's what I keep telling myself :D

Don't worry, give it time :)
    In my experience (and believe me, I've studied this long and hard!), don't offer your number. If they want it they'll ask. And if they ask, they'll normally ring. Done this with my last two boyfriends (one I'm still with) and I think men want what they can't have. So if they think you're not that interested they simply HAVE to have you and will ask for your number then call.

Before you all shout, don't knock it till you've tried it.

I don't think chasing blokes works. They don't like it. It makes them run, if not to start with (cos they're flattered to start with) they will in the end. And if they chase you you're not gonna get hurt/ feel like shit if they turn round & tell you where to go.

As for the why he hasn't called, he might be busy or trying to not look desperate! Give it time. And if he doesn't call who the hell does he think he is! - in that case forget him & don't bother till someone who realises how great you are comes along & asks you for your number. :D
    Reasons that guy may call

Bad reasons:
    Sex
    Lonely
    Drunk
    Got nothing better to do, may as well try get his leg over.

Good reasons:
    He likes you

But all reasons more or less lead to sex anyway, so you wont know what he want's until he has got it.

Not sure why he hasn’t called you, is he perhaps shy?

He may want you to make the first move (You may as well, why wait for a bloke to do it eh!)

Call him a few times and if you get the run around leave it and move on. (Give him a chance or two tho!)

But Maybe after the affects of alcohol have worn off, he realises he hasn’t actually got any bottle!
    :p
    Originally posted by barbie
    In my experience (and believe me, I've studied this long and hard!), don't offer your number. If they want it they'll ask.

I'm sooooo shy around girls, they usually have to offer it. I've been in the situation when a me and a girl are talking away, it comes to the end of the night and I just say bye, even though I really wanted her number! But then that's just me and my shyness :(
    I don't think chasing blokes works. They don't like it.

I do, I do :D But again, it's because I'm so shy :(

You're right though, most blokes are like that.
    and if he thinks he can call me when it's over to get his leg over, he can think again. Or something like that.

Lol, keep telling ya self-that kitty!;) :p

Maybe it’s been a busy month for him, I wouldn’t worry just yet!

*Wonders if blokes are allowed to wank in that month*??:confused:
    i kno some1 who is/was going thrugh that (sorry im crap at religious stuff) and he was telling me how he was so hungry all the time and he cudent be bothered workin at school. perhaps he still likes you hes just too tired/fatigued/worn out to call you. you could always call him ya know, i mean, its ok for him to call you, but if every time he has to clal you it feels like you arent interested, so they just give up eventually. not saying hes given up, just saying he might be waiting for a call..............
    Just act like you dont give a shit and he will probably get in contact :)
    Try not to worry hun! If he doesnt get in touch its his loss, not yours! I pick some wierd ones too ;)

I go for the most awkward people...
    I pick some wierd ones too

Lol, But why?:confused:
    A bit of strangeness always makes things more interesting, challenging :p
    Very Strange, I will never understand you women!:p
    As we will never understand you men ;)
    Thanks shyboy, fairy. The way I see it, it doesn't kill someone to pick up a phone even if they are tired. I know I could call him but I prefer to have someone call me. He said he'd call me, so I won't call him. I rarely call blokes, they can get into contact with me if they are interested.

Sorry but that's crap. If you're interested you should phone him. Life's too short to be playing stupid games over waiting x amount of days to call someone. You wanna go out with him, you call him. Personally if a girl expected me to do all the calling our relationship wouldn't last long.

I know in all honesty we have nothing in common whatsoever and even when he did call me, there was nothing to say other than arranging to meet up. I like having a good old chat but it doesn't help that he can't speak English all that well.

I go for the most awkward people...

Hmm, maybe you need someone else. Maybe he hasn't called because he found the last convo so akward.
    Oh, I hate the whole 'phoning etiquette' thing. Being in a different country from my boyfriend at the moment, I probably send him more texts than I would usually - one every 1 or 2 days, just 'night night, I love you' crap, and then I sometimes feel all insecure if he doesn't reply (even though what I write doesn't really need a reply, and I probably am texting him too often, anyway, doing my 'clingy girlfriend' bit). One time in particular pissed me off - it was exactly a year after we'd first had sex, so I sent him a text saying I was so lucky that someone as wonderful as him 'knocked my halo off' etc. etc. and I got not a word of response back :mad:

And Pussykatty, Mist's right - you've got a phone, so pick it up and use it ;)
    Men will normally text, even if they don't actually call? Most of the men I meet, I really don't want them to ring or get in touch anyway! phew. :cool: