Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jelousy takes over my life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok.. this is gonna sound really stupid compared to other people's problems on ere, but its starting to affect my life and im serioulsy starting to wonder if i need help!

Whenever i am introduced to a girl who is preetier than me, i get so jelous that i don't even want to make freinds with her incase my boyfriend (who has never cheated on me!) will drool over her and not me when we are out.

Ive hardly got any friends anymore, i hate myself for feeling this way, but i can't help it! Im ALWAYS accusing my boyfriend of checking other girls out or chatting them up, even though deep down i know he wouldn't. Or even when im just out and about im scared to be compared by other guys on my looks.

Ive tried explaining to him what's going on in my stupid head, but he just doesn't get it and just says i don't trust him. Fact is, im just jelous of the compeition < so to speak!

Any adivce to what i can do to over come this problem? please help :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish i could help but im exactly the same. Im not really intimadated by other girls but i hate the thought of boyfriend maybe thinking 'god i wish nikki looked like that'!!!! i did the most fucked up thing recently, if you want me to go into it i will, but im not saying unless u wanna know coz im gonna get persecuted like FCUK for it!!!!!!!
    No please tell me everything! So atleast i know im not alone with my problem lol

xxxxxxx :)
    well.......one of his old schoolfriends called leanne clearly fancied him coz she flirted like mad with him on msn messenger, so i started using his messenger and flirting with her as him, he didnt like it at first but he saw what i wanted him to see when after weeks of flirting she admitted she fancied him last night (she has a boyf of over a year!) In all this flirting was moaning about me(remeber i wrote it as my boyfriend) so that she thouyght she had a chance then last night i got him to say he fancied her too (still on msn) i sed that ive been in his situation before and that he'll start stirring up old feelings he had for this girl(he fancied her in school) and get confused, so as a test i sed that he could go with her to get her outta his system and if he came back to me i knew he loved me....well he sed no at first but neva took much persuading and when i clearly got pissed off(i felt sick thinking about it) he sed id got his head all muddled up and that he wanted to do it to prove he loved me, and today i told him to choose between us and he didnt half make me stew for 2 hours(bytheway i had told him before that he cud sleep with her and id still stay with him, he sed he didnt wanna risk everyones reaction, so i sed you mite fall for her? n he sed anythings possible) anyway, it all backfired and we'll be sorting things out tonite.

and thats just the short version!!!!!!!

u get the jist? i torture myself, i put myself in these positions where im dead vulnerable, thinking if he slept with her and came back to me it meant he loved me, then i realised i was wrong, things will get sorted out but that would only satisfy me until the next time.....
    Jealousy is not a good thing in a relationship is it. I think you should tell your boyfriend exactly how you are feeling, tell him what you have told us and explain you dont like being like this. Hopefully he will reassure you that its you he wants and nobody else.
    Try not to keep accusing your boyfriend of things, I know it will be hard but eventually if you do it all the time he will get really fed up.
    Sorry cant be of much more help :)
    JESUS that took a LOT of trust! I could never do that, but you desrve a medal for putting up with her and for actually allowing him to do that. Let me know if your still together. Hope it works for you xxx
    No im not letting him do it, it was jsut a test to see if offered the chance to go with another girl with no risk, hed do it, and apparently he would, which hurts, but he has a major weapon against me, ive cheated on him before :(