Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drug's and relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think about drugs in relationships?
I have seem alot of relationship's that have started and ended due to one or both the people's drug habit's.

Would you every give up drug's for the sake of a relationship? or would you stick to the principal that why should you change when you use to take drug's when they first met you?
Or have you every gone into a relationship a non drug taker, then started taking drugs and your new partner didnt like it?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Rather than putting this in Drugs, you should have stuck it in Relationships. That way you'd get opinoins of both drug users and non-drug users. Just an idea! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think meeting someone that didnt do drugs would do me a favour. I wouldnt give them up completely but cut down alot and respect their wishes, mainly for my own benefit i think.

:D
    is now in both!!:D
    Dont let drugs take over your life in a way that would damage your relationship.
    I have had relationships with drug users and non drug users, its not the drugs that screw the relationship but the person taking them.
    cheekychick:
    One could easily reply:
    Dont let relationships take over your life in a way that would damage your drug usage.
    Originally posted by addyh
    cheekychick:
    One could easily reply:
    Dont let relationships take over your life in a way that would damage your drug usage.

depends on which is more important to you doesnt it.
    indeed ..
    I think you cant generalise and say "drugs" in a relationship. It makes a huge difference what drugs you are using and how you are using.
    I mean some one who is completely addicted to rocks is going to behave quite differently to a slight puff smoker.

My wife asked me to stop doing wizz when I first met her, but I'd run out and couldnt afford more so the choice wasnt hard, but I'm sure if I'd continued the way I was then we wouldnt have been able to have a relationship.

I think if drugs are something you use together to enhance good times then they can really bring you closer but if either of you is using them as an escape or are putting them before the other person then it becomes a problem.
    drugs have caused many a disaster in my life and relationships. i'm talking class A's here.
    the worst drug i take and continue to be seriously addicted to is nicotine. i drink i smoke weed. but drugs no more. my wife emi;ly has never taken drugs. quite likes me smoking weed.
    I think it depends on the type of relationship too, I mean I used to know a couple, who were not quite a couple if you know what I mean. They just seemed to bumble from fuck up to fuck up but in some wierd way it seemed to work.
    They were always doing nasty acid trips and K together and neither was having what you'd normaly term as a good time but they seemed to thrive on it.
    After a while I decided they were too much on a crash course for me and, well to be frank I dumped them.

However I've seen people really patch up problems they were having with freinds/family while on mdma and I've had a few shroom trips that were amazing in the spiritual nature with people I cared about.