Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Everything

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't even know why I'm writing this, it's gonna sound stupid, but here goes anyway.....earlier this year I was told I had rheumatoid arthritis, then a couple of months later when I finally saw a consultant she questioned the diagnosis, said that I could have r.a, but also might not have it. That was in about june, and I still don't have a definite diagnosis, and it's driving me mad! I've seen the consultant a few times since then, and have another appointment with her in the new year, but it just seems really pointless. Every time I go back it's just the same thing.....'you obviously have a problem, but I don't know exctly what it is, at the moment all you can do is wait', blah blah blah. I'm on anti-inflammatories, but I keep not taking them, I don't know why, can't explain it really. It's just that whatever is wrong with me is really messing me up, and I know I should take the tablets, but sometimes I forget, and other times it just seems pointless. But then it really hurts, and I know I'm being stupid, and you'll just be wondering why I don't just take the tablets, but I can't explain it.
I just wish I could know what is wrong with me, but the consultant said that there is a possibility that I'll never know what it is, but it'll just carry on as it is, and that really scares me.
I don't know......anyway I've rambled on long enough.....Tates xxx :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a situation similar to yours.

Last October, I was diagnosed with an incurable virus that I'd have to live with for the rest of my life. I was devastated to say the least. I really believed that my life was over. So I lived for a year in a deep depression over my personal crisis. And there wasn't anyone who I could talk to or that could understand what I was going through.

Then last month, I was at a new doctor for something unrelated, and he was asking me about my past medical history. I didn't know all the details of my lab results from last year, so I asked him if he could pull up my files and look for himself. He did. And he reviewed the lab results. Apparently I was misdiagnosed. He said there was nothing in the reports that could verify or even hinted that I had the virus.

I cried. Almost as much as I did last year when I thought I was 'diseased' as I put it, but this time out of relief rather than despair.

Although I'm happy with the outcome of that visit to the doctor, I still don't know what went so terribly wrong with me last year. Scary. Anyway, good luck. I know it can be frustrating.