Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Almost Over!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy~!

My semester's almost over. Had a research paper and two exams last week, turned in my last major assignment and had my last exam today. A couple more weeks of class, then final exams, then a month vacation for my poor brain. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

So, I'm curious, how's the uni calendar set up over there? We start late August, break mid-Dec for 3 or 4 weeks, and finish early May.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    At my uni we start Semester A at the end of September. It lasts for 12 weeks (til the middle of December) then finish for christmas:D . Have exams in January then start back in February for Semester B which lasts til May. Then do the whole exam thing again :eek2:

But thats just my uni - they're all different in Scotland
  • Options
    Exams after winter break? Yikes, I don't think I could do that. We have exams before break, and since there are completely new classes in January, my mind is completely free of academic shiznit.
  • Options
    Yeah, exams after christmas are a bit rubbish. Means you always have them at the back of your mind even when you're trying to celebrate christmas and New Year. :crazyeyes

I'm kinda used to it tho cause it was the same even when I was at school.

And I know I'll miss it this time next year when I'm stuck in a crappy job!
  • Options
    woohoo - I have only one essay left to write before I go home from Oxford for Christmas.... and it's on Alice in Wonderland - bargainous!

(I reckon it's cos our tutor wanted to read a nice girly book so she [and we] didn't have to wade through any more depressing Victorian Poetry)

Good grief - seven weeks have gone so fast, I can't believe it's nearly eighth (and last)

Going to have to think about planning Christmas shopping now!