Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fucking job

As of today I am "probably" going to hand in my notice.

Working in a pub has finally worn me down into the dishevlled human being before you. And it sucks ass (see bitchin barman which was written about 8 months ago).
Dunno where else to work though.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know how you feel. I work in a customer services department, and have had enough of unpleasant, ranting, and downright fucking dumb, arseholes having a go at me (they always make it personal) on the phone. I'm looking for another job right now! (acutally had an interview for a job last week too, so I am making some progress).

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Hey you lot should try fucking cold calling and then you'd know what abuse and everything is.

how'd you like to be sat on the end of a phone all day constantly being told where to go, not making any sales etc. It can get you down, but all jobs can. Personally I'd much rather get abuse of members of the public complaining about things than a load of company directors who make you feel about 10 cm's tall. grr....! Anyways I love my job majority of the time so why am I ranting on like this?

just really to say that Bar work is a laugh as is customer service work. I've done both and compared to what I'm doing now they are so little hassle and the abuse you get shouldn't effect you. In call centres you just have to know how to deal with the customers. they're upset, be gentle and calm them down...it isn't that difficult to do. I just love bar wor and would do itin my spare time any day for the social aspect if nothing else, but I'm odd like that. :)

What ever job you get your going to be dealing with some nutters just relax take everything they say as a pinch of salt and you'll be fine.:cool:
  • Options
    Re: fucking job
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    As of today I am "probably" going to hand in my notice.

Working in a pub has finally worn me down into the dishevlled human being before you. And it sucks ass (see bitchin barman which was written about 8 months ago).
    Dunno where else to work though.

I know the feeling! Since graduating from uni I've been doing bar work. It's horrible, the customers are so rude, and I've had enough of working so late 5 nights a week. But like you I dunno what else to do. I'm hunting for a 'proper job' and so can't really be bothered to hunt for a part time job aswell. :(