Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fucking College

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hardly go to college as I always find a pub to go to cos I think I'm an alcoholic but that's a different story but the other day when I was bunking my tutor phoned my mum asking why I didn't turn up and the fucker got me in trouble with my mum and dad but today I am actually ill (but am going to a pub to cure it later) and I tried to phone my tutor on his college phone line and no ones answering so how am I supposed to phone in sick like they ask you to when they don't fucking answer?! They better not phone up my mum later as she doesn't know I'm off...:mad:
Rant over!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    did you ever hear the story about the boy who cried wolf?
    Does it matter? You have a parent in, so if your tutor calls they can answer and explain that you really are sick.

And then you could start going into college, rather than skiving off to get pissed, which is pretty bloody low if you ask me.
    I'd never dream of doing anything like that...:chin:
    Originally posted by Turtle
    And then you could start going into college, rather than skiving off to get pissed, which is pretty bloody low if you ask me.

Hey.... um, turn the table lamp off, and unplug it now.

That's it, now back away from the computer with your hands up.

Good.......

Now go & lie down... ;)
    Originally posted by DJP

Hey.... um, turn the table lamp off, and unplug it now.

That's it, now back away from the computer with your hands up.

Good.......

Now go & lie down... ;)

Don't you have a lecture to be at or something? *glares* :mad:

:p
    Don't you have a lecture to be at or something? *glares* :mad:
    :p

Getting coat... going...
    Originally posted by DJP

Getting coat... going...

I mean, you're not even online so I can abuse you properly. Silly fool.

*throws your hat at you*
    I mean, you're not even online so I can abuse you properly. Silly fool.

*throws your hat at you*

*didn't know I had a hat?*

Christ. That's a whole different matter in the first place, hence the 'I think I'm an alcoholic but that's a different story'.
    DJP's right. Light a magic candle while you're at it too.
    lmao, agreed.
    Turtle certainly has a point though folks doesn't he? What's the point in even staying on the course if you're skiving just to go drinking? I think there could be an underlying problem like she hates her teacher or she hates her classmates so she goes off to the pub and sweeps her problems under the rug.

Am I right?
    I hope this helps :)

Is there any reason you don't go to college???? Maybe you should think about changing college or course and try and do something that makes you happy. Sit down with your tutor and talk even if he is a complete moron alot of the time they're trying to help they wouldnt bother ringing about u if they didnt care. Alot of people dont get to go to college i know that seems pompous but you could be out working and as my mum says she never had the opportunity to go to college and she works so my brother and I can have the opportunities she never had. Thing about it and talk to someone at college or home :)
    If they won't answer the phone, leave a message on the answerphone. Then you have proof that you notified them about your absence and you're free to spend all day in the pub.
    The main reason for jellygirl bunking off all the time is:
    there is this drunk in her class who twists her arm ( hahaha as if she needs much incuragement!) and they go to the pub to bitch about life and men (mainly men!!), and thats just what im about to do as i have art next and i dont really enjoy it anymore (i slept with the teacher, but thats anouther story)
    she does attend one of her lessons all the time ( it has a boy in it which she is maddly in love with), :D:naughty::D
    shadowedangel and jellygirl - if you spent more time in college you would learn how to spell.

It pisses me off that you would rather spend time in the pub than learn. Think about those poor people in some third world country who are taught in huts and have to buy their own pencil, and if they don't have one they can't go to school. If there is a sand storm they can't learn because it all goes in their eyes...... ;)

There is a serious point to this though - go to college and do what you're supposed to instead of going to the pub all the time and using college as a stop gap between school and the dole.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    shadowedangel and jellygirl - if you spent more time in college you would learn how to spell.

It pisses me off that you would rather spend time in the pub than learn. Think about those poor people in some third world country who are taught in huts and have to buy their own pencil, and if they don't have one they can't go to school. If there is a sand storm they can't learn because it all goes in their eyes...... ;)

There is a serious point to this though - go to college and do what you're supposed to instead of going to the pub all the time and using college as a stop gap between school and the dole.

It doesn't matter now. Jellygirl's been rewarded for her time on the piss with a job as a nurse.
    Oh come on I spent hours of college time in the pub, it's what students do. Doesn't mean that jellygirl's a bad person or anything. Though I did eventually have to cut back the drinking because it was essentially alcholism. Fuelled by boredom though I think more than anything else.

And I still passed.
    This was posted ages ago, i go to college now and i deserve my job as a nurse so please stop the abuse, i sorted out my problems and i dont ever drink during the week anymore. Who brought this up again? Post dead as they say.
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    This was posted ages ago, i go to college now and i deserve my job as a nurse so please stop the abuse, i sorted out my problems and i dont ever drink during the week anymore. Who brought this up again? Post dead as they say.

Just come across this 'renewed' thread and although you've just declared it dead jellygirl, I'd like to say well done for getting onto the straight and narrow - I don;t really think I've spoken to you much but would like you to know how impressed I am

xx