Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Temp work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm starting my temporary xmas job in 3weeks and i still haven't got a contract?!?!?!? :crazyeyes Help!!!

Is this late or still abit early?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't you normally sign it on your first day??

That's what I've done with all my p/t jobs.
    They said they'd send it to me. But im not too sure. They've obviously got alot of contracts to send out...but still you know...me..money...job...money...
    I'd say, ring the client.

I was contracted out to BT in September through an agency. The paperwork arrived on the Thursday prior to starting Monday. I signed it, then sent off on the same day.

It was a bit cheeky. I was made redundant on day 4. Back at the job centre, the person who dealt with my JSA claims had to ring up my BT employer and they had no record of me working there for the 4 days. Only the agency knew.
    Lol....I've been in this job for a month and only got round to sending my contract in this morning...I forgot...I've still be paid etc so I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    I've tried phoning the shop (Marks's and Sparks), but they keep saying that the person who deals with contracts isnt in, or she'll be in on thursday and she's not there. :(

Apparently she goes round all the other branches so its going to be impossible...ohwells, i might jsut turn up on the day and try sorting it out. :o