Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A little help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me and a few friends are planning to 'do Europe' in 2004,starting in France then travelling south through Spain and then Portugal for the European Championships.After that we don't really know for sure,so any tips?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Buy the tickets beforehand cos the touts will do you...........
  • Options
    visit barcelona! you definitely wont regret it... :D

*ahh memories*

plus it's good if you know the language of the countries youre going through, but once you get to mainland spain all the locals speak a kind of english, :p and all you have to say is "una cerveza por favor"... ;)
  • Options
    Re: A little help
    Originally posted by stevie amigo
    Me and a few friends are planning to 'do Europe' in 2004,starting in France then travelling south through Spain and then Portugal for the European Championships.After that we don't really know for sure,so any tips?

Get one of those EuroPass train passes... You can get them for like 10 days of travel in a month and you can jump on ANY trtain to Anywhere in europe and just cross one of your days off... A lot of the time i didint even have my pass checked, and it made for a very cheap holiday indeed, allowing us to travel from london to paris to geneva to milan to genove to nice to st raphael to st tropez to valencia to barcelona to madrid to malaga to amsterdam and back to london for a fraction of the travel costs... Plus we mostly took the night trains which sorts out your accomodation aswell saving cash there....

Depends on what youre after, we just did short stints of 3 or 4 or 5 days in a city then moved on, but if youre planning a long time in each place its probably more coost efective to buy your tickets in europe...

Id recomment all the places above except i wouldnt do the north of italy, italy is an amzing place and you could spend a long time only in italy....
  • Options
    Re: A little help
    Originally posted by stevie amigo
    Portugal for the European Championships.

if you wish to get England tickets, join the supporters club now, go to the fa website for details, I joined in August, its the only way of getting tickets and the longer your a member the more priority you get.

Oh and AMSTERDAM ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: A little help
    Originally posted by ebb

if you wish to get England tickets, join the supporters club now, go to the fa website for details, I joined in August, its the only way of getting tickets and the longer your a member the more priority you get.

Oh and AMSTERDAM ;)

Look at my location,I most definitely do not want England tickets,I am just going to support football in general due to our....erm....troubles.

I will be giving big prizes(actual prize size may differ)to the most random football shirt out there though.Kid you not,in Singapore,I though the 1990 West German top had it nailed.....until......KIDDIMINSTER!!!!!!!And that is not a word of a lie....currrrrrrayzeeeeeee!
  • Options
    I know someone who owns a Derby away shirt from a couple of seasons ago, thats pretty extreme!