Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so we need to make changes and apologise ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the way the western world has raped and pillaged it's way through countries and cultures and continues to abuse and bleed them obviously needs changing for the better of all. BUT... dont you think it's a bit late to make apologies and promises to the downtrodden and realy expect them to believe and trust us. we have gone to far and are in to deep for that now. so some of you i pressume think we should just relinquish our power and roll over? we might be guilty but that is not an excuse to go all soft and let those who HATE us and are willing to DIE in pursuit of our destruction get the upper hand is it. alqueda will not accept apologies and promises. they will not go away. they are sworn to our destruction. one hell of an enemy.
your lifestyle with all it's comforts and privalages is surely worth fighting for ? even if only verbaly ! i have just watched a brutal film called "patriot". i'm ready to fight and kill and be killed, for my families future. for my village. my town. my way of life. even for the bleeding heart liberals. it would be nice to think more people were willing to defend our lives. your lives. get real.
somehow i think it's going to take a serious terrorist attack on the U.K that leaves thousands dead and wounded before any of you will even consider how dangerous your enemy is. it's not if but when. and this is a holy war to a degree. listen...LISTEN...to what the extreme mullahs are telling you. in thier words, this is a holy war.

Comments

• Options
    Thats well spoken Morrocan, and surprisingly to some no doubt, I do agree that we should not end the pursuit of those who subscribe to terrorism as a means of achieving their rather incohesive agendas.

Nevertheless, that is no cause not to redress, at the same time, the paths our Western countries have chosen in manipulating the international economic system and/or foreign regimes (regardless of how oppressive they might be toward their own people) simply to line our own pockets regardless of the cost to millions upon millions of others in the world.

I suggest that we in the West need to begin examining just how fat and smug we have become and how inblanced the distribution of opportunity is on the global scale. Then perhaps we will be able to use the power of the electorate to force our governments to place limits on the greed that has driven our respective foreign policies and hold our global industries fully accountable to the task of returning a much fairer portion of all we take to those societies from which so much of our wealth and comfort is derived.

Having lived and travelled abroad for many many years in various parts of the world, I have come to learn what many of my fellow countrymen fail to trully appreciate about how gluttonous the US (as one example) has become and how wasteful and spoiled it has made us as a nation.
  • Options
    I agree with what you are saying Morrocan, its just scary shit thinking the entire world could/will eventually be split into two camps fighting each other because of human greed, especially when there are enough resources on this planet for everyone to live comfortably.

Basically, the world is an pretty fucked up place.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Divadiva
    I agree with what you are saying Morrocan, its just scary shit thinking the entire world could/will eventually be split into two camps
    Basically, the world is an pretty fucked up place.....
    my fear is the world doesn't seem to be splitting in to two camps, more like fragmenting into a bazillion camps. chaos.
    there are so many issuses and so many things to be for and against, like never before. even the country side against the city.
    big issuses, small issuses, so many fucking splinter points and no one believes in the right and/or the might of thier own countries/civilizations aims and routes to achieving those aims.
    in other words we are in the shit deeply but have no leaders leading. the reason being no one trusts no one else to do the fucking job anymore.
    dark times ahead. most people stick thier heads up thier arses and pretend IT'S all going to be ok. everything will continue ok forever more. it wont happen in MY life time.
    deep shit is happening. no leaders and no fucking shovels i'm afraid.
    WATCH THIS SPACE as they say........
  • Options
    Actually Morrocan, I think most people do expect it will happen in our lifetime given the fact that the electorate throughout the Western arena is pushing us further to the right and putting things into the hands of those who think cracking the walnut with a sledge hammer will solve the problem. Sadly doing that just leaves the edible contents of the nut completely ruined.

I suspect we will be seeing the snowballing of a long legacy of shite raining down on us because of this brand of thinking and sooner than many of us would ever wish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Actually Morrocan, I think most people do expect it will happen in our lifetime given the fact that the electorate throughout the Western arena is pushing us further to the right and putting things into the hands of those who think cracking the walnut with a sledge hammer will solve the problem. Sadly doing that just leaves the edible contents of the nut completely ruined.

I suspect we will be seeing the snowballing of a long legacy of shite raining down on us because of this brand of thinking and sooner than many of us would ever wish.
    i fear your probably right.
  • Options
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29709

Well, this is the way our enemy sees things...! But you can't defend yourself against it and your government...wouldn't be pc you know!
  • Options
    Islamic fundelmentalists want ALL infidels dead and the whole world to be under Islam.

Islam must be resisted everywhere
  • Options
    Christian fundamentalists want all pro-choice campaigners and doctors jailed or killed, all un-christian behaviour banned, homosexuals institutionalised and the whole world to be Christianised.

Christianity must be resisted everywhere.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Christian fundamentalists want all pro-choice campaigners and doctors jailed or killed, all un-christian behaviour banned, homosexuals institutionalised and the whole world to be Christianised.

Christianity must be resisted everywhere.
    most people like to overlook that bit aladdin. the glorious day when religion is banned and all traces of it wiped from the face of the earth might be just around the corner. where can i hide until then ?
  • Options
    Religion screws things up, some-one I know said something like 'If they stopped praying all day and did something then they might have a better life' But I reckon it is slightly ttrue, get rid of religion its a waste of time and money.