Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vertigo and Dizziness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel pretty dizzy most of the time and the Doctors reckon its post virul syndrum. What their really saying is they don't know what it is. I feel ok apart from the dizzyness and like not being with it. COuld be what the said it was> If so how long can it last? Anyone had it b4?

Comments

• Options
    post viral syndrome, is i think when after you have had a nasty bug u still feel a bit off colour, and like u feel at the moment. shouldnt last long, at the very most 3 weeks. some people (like me) get over this sort of thing within 24 hours. why is vertigo in the title? isnt that where you have a phobia of heights?:confused:
  • Options
    I felt kinda like that...Off balace and well spaced out. Turns out I was using a computer to much and was crushing a nerve in my neck that made feel like that. I was tested for a lot of stuff. Feel a bit better now stilla bit funny but that's just me usign the computer to much I fink. If you use a computer try giving it a rest for a while.

Plus panik attacks didn't help.
  • Options
    Hi Lex,

If you've had a virus recently it's the most likely explanation. Check back with your doctor or get a second opinion if the symptoms get worse or carry on for more than a few days. It could also be a virus that affects the inner ear, or a number of other things.
  • Options
    Well, my doctors seem to know nothing! I'm getting a 101 diffrent answers from all of them.

The more I think about it the more likely it seems that I could have the start of MS after doing some research. Most of my symtoms seem to fit the symptoms of MS (apart from mustle weakness).

Think I should go see somone else other than my doctors.

thx.
  • Options
    What other symptoms do you have? You could ask for a second opinion, but it's unlikely that you have MS, it's quite rare. Post Viral Syndrome is not a cop out answer (though it does sometimes seem like one), it can turn into a fairly serious condition *has it*, also known as ME/CFS.
  • Options
    Other symtoms:

Very Slight blurred vision

Flashing lights when moving eyes

Like a high pitch sound in my ear

Memory problems like forgetfulness, slow word recall

cold body parts when using computer (Altho that could be due to low iron)

Like an electric shock when I'm laying in bed

Stiffness in knuckles

Leg twiching at night

Dizzy

Note:

These ain't all happening at once, they happen every now and then.
  • Options
    i have a lot of those from time to time, the ringing in wars is annoying, usually when its quiet, it suddenly rings really loud then fades slowly. cold body bits, all the time, especially fingers, feet etc. but i think i have anaemia but im not taking iron tablets anymore. legs twitching, that could be a trapped nerve, or just that its cold... memory problems, most likely related to stess, just thinking about being ill can do this...

the rest seem to be quite odd. sometimes people just get these sort of things, im not sure if theyt should, cos i get many of them. since your doctors all seem to give you different advice perhaps you could try and remember when and how the symptoms happen, and then show them to your doctor. ive noticed they are always rushing nowadays - i got in, he looked at me, gave me some cream, then kicked me out, i was still trying to explain when i was at the door. not hios fualt i guess, but he is the only docotr for our village - thats 10,000 people. a lot, i know!