Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol + Caffiene

These two are my pastimes. I am addicted to Brazillian ground coffee on a daily basis. Alcohol I can make do without for a couple of weeks, however, when I'm sociallising it is a must.

Red bull and vodka is a cult drink amongst clubbers, often known as 'Vodbull'. I don't like the taste of Red bull (or clones) regardless of the vodka content.

My pre-club ritual for the last few years is to spike my coffee similar to the Irish-style, but using Scotch whisky instead.

Is this common? Am I adding danger to my health if I mix the two? (in addition to the known dangers of alcohol & caffiene separately).

Do people find that coffe + whisky has the same effect as Vodbull?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wouldnt have thought coffee and whiskey would be any worse for you than the same by themselves..
    although the most ill i've ever been was about 3 and a half years ago on my 15th birthday when i consumed a large quantity of vodka red bull.... also the only time ive ever woken up and not had any idea how i got there.
    madness....

so yes, has potential to fuck you up, but in a good way (unless you drink far too much and are 15), and i wouldnt have thought the health risks are significantly worse than those of alcohol and caffeine seperately.....
    theres always risks involved in mixing any drugs and it does always compound the side effects to an extent, but in this case i think that its a very small extent and i wouldnt worry too much about it to be honest...
  • Options
    I guess its a poor mans speedball, one brings you up, and one brings you down, puts extra strain on the heart that way, but i dont suppose itll kill you. not for a while anyway.
  • Options
    s'all just drugs at the end of the day. whats your problem ?
  • Options
    the problem is that alcohol being a depressant, if you take stimulants with it, you end up being able to drink more than your body can really handle without realising it as you dont feel as drunk, and can end up with alcohol poisoning,
  • Options
    Re: Alcohol + Caffiene

[
    Do people find that coffe + whisky has the same effect as Vodbull? [/B][/QUOTE]

mmmm brandy coffe with cream on top, especially after a meal.

Never considered going clubbin on it though......

( adds to list of things to try )
  • Options
    well said morrocan roll
  • Options
    I wouldnt say that you'd get exactly the same feeling from coffee with scotch as vodka red bull because the main effect of red bull is the massive amount of suger in it too. I mean it only has about 120mg of caffine in I think, which isnt that much.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the comments especially from Rainbow Bright. I wasn't aware of the fact that caffiene can deceptively cancel out the effect of alcohol, only later on to find that you are totally bladdered.

It remainds me of that Reef drink. It tastes just like orange juice. You can drink it as if it was orange juice and before you know it, you've had 1.5 shots of vodka.

I think as long as you know your alcohol limit, you can enjoy it with caffiene without risks.

Bong Budda, I think that the strength of Red bull is supposed to be comparible with ground coffee - Both being about three times as strong as instant coffee.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    well said morrocan roll
    :lol:
  • Options
    I wish my drug fears were as lame as that one.
  • Options
    LOL @ Ebb !

*agrees*
  • Options
    he only asked, I dont think its lame, better to have some knowledge about what you are doing before you do it, dont you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    he only asked, I dont think its lame, better to have some knowledge about what you are doing before you do it, dont you think?

Well admittedly I would imagine he loses quite alot of sleep due to his dilemma :D
  • Options
    well loads of people on this forum go on about how alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs out of all of them and causes the most deaths, so I actually think its quite wise of him to ask if hes not sure. I think too many people are blase about alcohol, and although it may seem like a silly question to you, I dont think its a silly question in general. I dont think that drinking a cup of coffee and then having a pint, is going to do anyone much harm, but if your going out for the night and having a large amount of high caffeine drinks and a large amount of alcohol, I think that could possibly be more dangerous than the alcohol on its own as the stimulant, counteracts the alcohols effect to an extent and you end up drinking more than your body can cope with. which will make you very ill the next day, at the very least.
    have you also said what a stupid question it is in the speed and ecstacy thread? or is that ok being that those drugs are illegal.
  • Options
    Well said.............
  • Options
    Thanks for your defence Rainbow Brite.

Drugs are drugs, legal or not. Alcohol when mixed is the most unpredictable of drug ventures. I've never liked Red bull, so I am not in danger in mass consumption of caffiene. I headline my clubbing night with ground expresso in the house. This is mainly so that I can last on the dance floor longer!